dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas

+2
Admin
Mali
6 posters

Go down

Christmas Empty Christmas

Post by Mali Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:45 am

Just wondering when people on here started putting up christmas trees, decorations and what your plans are for christmas this year? Does your family have any traditions that you follow every year?? Looking forward to seeing what your responses are.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Christmas Empty Re: Christmas

Post by Admin Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:58 am

i usally put it all up first of december!!
but as im only 20 i still really havent got into all the xmas stuff as yet but trying to get into as much as i can for my son Razz yet!! lol
and my planns are spending it with family and hopefully go for a short holiday
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:27 am

he he the tree and decos go up on the 1st of december my birthday yayness,
and we always have our advent calender it plays songs rather than chocolate. and we always go looking at christmas lights a week before xmas... i love chrissy.
we never go anywhere just nexdoor to my grandparents for dinner drinks and the pool Very Happy
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

Post by target_love Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:47 am

I wish I could put up a Christmas tree, but as trying to have 6 cats and keeping the decorations on is so damn hard.
So well, we don't bother, as they all end up under the couch, and the tree fallen over at some point. Rolling Eyes

But I love the spirit, we always go out as a family (as parents divorced) on Christmas Eve to a nice restaurant, just my parents, brothers and perhaps there girlfriends if they have one at the time, and of course my partner. And then on Christmas day, we always go around mums for a nice traditional Christmas Dinner. I always enjoy it so much.

Oh and going around looking at Christmas lights, I used to love doing it on Christmas Eve when I was younger, as it would make it go faster so i could have presents earlier! Lol.
I still enjoy it now, its just nice to drive around looking.

I always buy my cats something for Christmas (as the dogs get a gigantic feast of food) but as the cats don't like food as the dogs, I've been wantiong to get them a 2.4m cat scratching post. So hopefully that happens for them, for their sake! geek

But oh I love Christmas!!
target_love
target_love

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:27 pm

I can relate to christmas trees and cats it is the same with dogs. Mali my little man has not seen a christmas tree and he will think the decorations are for him to play with. I am hoping for a small one on this christmas if I can wrangle it. If not I will just have a few christmas decs up. I go to my aunties this year usually I go to friends but well thats another story and our days of spending christmas together are well and truly over.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:19 am

Try not to think about it, love decorating BUT, my hubby "inherited" hundreds of the tackiest homemade ornaments that his Mom made, they are aweful!! He actually TEARS up when we take them out!!

Now, I have never said a word about this to him, I just put them up. Thye cover the tree there's so many. Cardboard thingies rolled in glitter, ceramic painted BADLY!!
Gonna have my own tree for the shop this year with pink flamingos and poodles!
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:22 am

lol can you take pics for us of both trees plz when they are up!!!
they both sound so interesting!!!

i really see the one with the poodles and flamingos lol Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:27 am

Did ya notice I'm up early?? It's election day here! I got up at 4 am to open the school, they are having polling here. It's a big deal, for sure!!
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:29 am

Christmas 7768 lol
what time is it there now???
is 930 pm here
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:48 am

5:45, they are already lining up to vote! It's pitch dark, one guy brought a lawn chair!! lol!
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:50 pm

Ah really... well twelve hours have almost gone so it must be late afternoon there what I am seeing that America will have its first african american president. Congratulations. I am sorry to hear that obama's grandmother died what a bittersweet victory for him.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:53 pm

Well I didn't even hear that!! Been too busy!
Long day goodnight you guys Sleep
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:55 pm

night night
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:30 am

christmas we put up our tree on the 1st december. we drive around the streets from about the 15th to look at lights . there is one thats my kids favourite and it takes about an hour to look at. It has every mechanical working christmas item. they have three trains and snow (pretend of course) and they have an aussie christmas section. so much to see.
We always take turns at whos house christmas is at. Everyone comes aunties cousins grandparents. Everyone brings something. we have a cold lunch like prawns bugs oysters crabs then we have cold pork turkey ham and lots of different salads. then we have lots of deserts like trifle plum pudding christmas cake ect. always have fresh tropical fruit too. usually we start eating at around 11.00am and it goes until dinner time. we eat all day and cant move by night lol. oh yeah cant forget the home made rockyroad and apricot balls and rum balls too haha.
we take turns every year who brings the different meats and seafood as it works out much fairer.
The kids get so much they dont know what to do with it all!!! santa rendeer
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:14 am

That sounds really nice, like you like your family alot!!

Um could you explain the "bugs"? What kind of bugs do you eat? confused
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down