dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plans for today

+5
Admin
Beth<3
lorie
Yacket's Mum
Mali
9 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Plans for today - Page 12 Empty Re: Plans for today

Post by herbiedog Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:03 am

It's always sad to loose someone good however old they are..

Not a very nice day here today very drizzly and misty..not a lot on today been over and sorted mum out she got back from a few days away with my sister and sister-in-law yesterday..so took her to the local supermarket to get some bits and pieces in... also collected her new specs she looks very glam....
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1832

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:11 am

Today has been hot here and quiet. Girls had a bbq dinner and bonfire to burn off all the old rubbish before you need a permit for it. I did not attend I sat and watched toy story one and two. Huge fan of the movies particularly Woody. Tomorrow pretty much the same still very warm and humid with rain yuk dont like humid weather. Oh what an exciting life I lead....
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:44 pm

Sounds more exciting than mine Louise....
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:52 pm

I am off for a very long day today as I am sitting my dog trainers licence/test! Not sure if I have any room left in the brain to absorb all that information! So next year I can start teaching training at obeidence, hoping it will be with another trainer until I have more hands on knowledge and lots and lots of help. Pretty excited but scared as I don't want to give people more issues than they might already have, with me still learning but I guess we all have to start somewhere.
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Number of posts : 479

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboi Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Good luk m8, hope all goes well Plans for today - Page 12 Icon_cool
oldboi
oldboi
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 773

Back to top Go down

Post by croc Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:52 pm

good luck with it, hope all goes well, take 3 big breaths and dont forget to breath, u will be fine
croc
croc
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:53 pm

Yacket's Mum wrote:I am off for a very long day today as I am sitting my dog trainers licence/test! Not sure if I have any room left in the brain to absorb all that information! So next year I can start teaching training at obeidence, hoping it will be with another trainer until I have more hands on knowledge and lots and lots of help. Pretty excited but scared as I don't want to give people more issues than they might already have, with me still learning but I guess we all have to start somewhere.

oldboi wrote:Good luk m8, hope all goes well Plans for today - Page 12 Icon_cool

croc wrote:good luck with it, hope all goes well, take 3 big breaths and dont forget to breath, u will be fine

Good luck the boys have all said it before me you will be fine. Just take your time and don't let the nerves get to you. The instructors will understand that your nervous they all had to do the same test. Let us know how you went and enjoy the day. Again good luck.

Plans for today - Page 12 Four-l10
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:41 am

Good Luck!!!! Plans for today - Page 12 Icon_biggrin

You can do it!!
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:44 am

Going to brunch in a few minutes! Then, BACK to the furniture stoer to exchange the couch. Can't lay down on it in comfort really. Also, I tried to put something "normal" looking in my house, it looks very out of place. Gonna get two twin size beds and jazz them up with spreads and tons of pillows instead.
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:43 pm

Well this is the beginning of lots of events to become a trainer and I will be the off sider of one of our trainers next year to help me along and learn which I am excited about we have a wonderful group of trainers who really want to help you. They are not just there cause they have to or paid to (no one is paid) they do it casue they love it. I am going to aspire to be one of those trainers that people just want to keep coming back and yesterday we heard alot about how people are finding obeidence boring so we are all going to put our heads together and have so fun during class. They were also saying that the trainers now are to quick to put people up classes without have learned the basics correctly and that it needs to be stopped and that we should all teach people the correct way as if they were all going to trial. I found that fantastic as I had been doing the hand signal wrong for 12months for the drop (I leave my hand on the ground so he knows that is where I need him to be and it is taking awhile to correct that mistake) So I had a wonderful day. Met a few of the judges who were really nice. 120 people turned up so that was fantastic.
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:58 pm

So I take it you passed then? Congratulations have fun I find some obedience classes very boring and I do believe they should have classes for complete beginners that have never trained a dog to those that have and trialled etc. I find it completely frustrating when some idiot cannot get a grasp of the commands or cannot handle their dog properly. I know it sounds rude but it annoys the hell out of me. I also feel that the dogs and handlers become bored and loose interest all together. Both dogs and handlers get the fuzzies. Part of the reason some don't come back.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:59 pm

Lorie sorry to hear about your couch that is not good. I hope the beds work better for you. They do sound very comfy with all those cushions etc.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:02 am

Just wanted to let you know guys that I will be out of action the end of next week for a day or two as I am having surgery on my left arm. I have a compressed ulna nerve which is clawing my left hand. As the nerve is compressed it needs to be surgically fixed. I will be admitted on Friday the 13th of november and discharged on the 14th. My hand is getting weaker all the time I have muscle wastage in the hand and my little and ring finger cannot be straightened at all. I will not be typing with it so I will be down to one hand and finger damn it I'm a touch typist. I will let you know how I get on but they say it is a fairly big cut etc. Not looking forward to the pain at all but as long as my hand improves I will be happier.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:11 am

Oh do take care of yourself. We will be here waiting and praying for you to return and hopefully much happier. Love and kisses from all our wet nosed kids.
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:12 am

Gosh Louise, how do you keep so upbeat with these endless surgerys?
Well, you're sure to get happy pills,but still...good luck it doesn't sound like fun. When I started to go online I typed with one finger, it got tired a lot..
Well, in a few minutes I got to go thru the entire school and change every clock one hour back. YAY
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:29 pm

It took me an HOUR to change all those stupid clocks. My school is an antique (with a computer lab for 7 year olds) roll eyes....

It's 5:30 here and DARK!!!!! I feel like going to bed... this sucks, I get home from work and groom a few dogs and I USED to take the girls to the doggie park now I can't. I don't know what I will do to exercise them, especially Natalie, she runs like the wind at the park....

I COULD take them to school and let them run the halls but it is soooo not the same. I might just have to do that tho
I have Thursday off because of the sofa snafu. They will be picking up the bad choice one and bringing what I should have bought in the first place...

I hate shopping, we mostly get things at the flea market so our house is very hodge podge that big fancy sofa looks stupid here!!

Where is Herbie BTW?? Is everything OK??

OK< I'm all over the place but, I think since I can't go to the park I need to excersise the minds more, does anyone know what would be good to do in the house? I was doing " standing squats and got the girls to go "down" (sit) and "up" (on hind legs) that seemed fun for them, they are so smart, I don't want them to get bored!

This is such a dilemma! With just Mingo, she would be happy with several throws across the house but Nat is so much a bigg puppy! I am afraid of her becoming destructive if she gets bored!

OK, I'm done! This was more like a "rant"! Sorry! Plans for today - Page 12 Icon_smile
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:00 pm

Rant away.... just do some obedience with Nat and take her to work and let her run in the halls. Throw balls for her to chase but becareful of the slippery floors. I know it is awful when daylightsavings stops and you go back to the darkness again it is horrible. Especially over where it snows you seem to have such long winters and such short summers. Hope the new twin beds does the trick rather than the big flash sofa you have. I am sitting here looking out my study window watching three horses Peppa, Star (peppa's foal) and my darling Precious all eating the overgrown grass. Precious is due for her foal in a couple of weeks. I am so looking forward to that. Mechalle thanks for the support and well wishes give those lovely great big greyhounds a hug for me to. As for herbie I must contact her on facebook and see where she has been hiding. Lorie still waiting for your facebook page..... Razz
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:31 am

I have to have my young neighbor come over to show me the way around facebook , she offered but we haven't got together yet

Are you going to keep the baby horse?

Well, I offered natalie as a demo dog for a groom show this weekend so I know what I'll be doing on Thursday while I wait fot the couch pick up. AAAARRRRRGGGGG!!! Puppy fur knot balls galore!!!
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:33 pm

Your going to be busy very busy indeed, today I am going around with Libby to see some more houses for her to rent. She has been on the search for so long now and I watch sanjay in the car for her. It gets me out for a couple of hours. At the moment I am sitting here listening to the boss singing Hungry Heart I just love springsteen. I am currently reading one of the funniest books called Dear Fatty by Dawn French I am a huge fan of hers and the vicar of dibley. Life is pretty cruisey at the moment the dogs are well. Hope you don't have to work too hard on Natalie Lorie and I look forward to facebook!!
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi all... Oh Louise I am sorry to here that you have got to have surgery again..that is the op that JJ has had ..twice.. unfortunatly it hasn't solved his problem but I am sure it will be ok for you..

Lorie you sound just like me out house is certainly a hotch potch of things that we have got either from e-bay or local rag papers looking around I don't think we have got anything new..except our bed...

It has been a very noisy few days here as it was guy fawkes night on the 5th and the fireworks have been a nightmare ever since people here have such small gardens it really isn't on having such large fireworks ..Herbie has been a nervous wreck and the only way we could calm him down was to say 'bed time' and take him in the bedroom so he can settle into his bed there...so last night I went to bed at 6.30pm..... ha ha Plans for today - Page 12 Icon_eek

It is getting very cold here so on goes the central heating ... Plans for today - Page 12 Icon_wink still only 5 months til spring.......
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:20 pm

I will survive Liz I really will as long as it fixes the problem. It is only overnight so that is also a bonus. Don't like the fact that I wont be able to drive for awhile but that is okay. A dear old friend died on the weekend he was from Wales his name was Denzel he was 81 years of age and a darling man. He was kind, genuine, caring just a wonderful man. He passed away in his sleep what a way to go. Yesterday was a very sad day for me and my friends. I cannot get him off mind I am going to miss him terribly. Rest In Peace dear Taff see you when it is my turn. Love you my old friend.

Central heating we need central cooling it is going to be very warm to hot here all week only four months to Autumn!! That makes me very happy, however it can still stay warm right up to mid April but it is better than heat hate the heat I think between 17 and 23 degrees celcius is perfect for me. Adelaide this week is in the high 30's degree celcius that is.

I see on another forum I am on that you have had fireworks over there and most of the people were complaining on that about fire crackers etc. That they were going for several nights just not guy fawkes night. We still get them here but they are supposed to be illegal here.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:32 pm

Oh how I wish they were illegal here... or just allowed at proper organised events ....there was a very sad story here about a woman who died when 3 youths put a firework through her letter box she managed to get her son out of the window but was unable to get out herself...

It's been a tiring day .. my knee is still giving me jip and I had to take mum to the foot clinic and she is getting more confused she is very happy but I find her hard to cope with sometimes she asked the same question over and over again but never mind I must keep smiling and not let her see how frustrating it can be sometimes it is not her fault... I am with her again tomorrow as I do her housework ..give her a bath..collect her pension and do her shopping ..still I can come here and have a moan... Plans for today - Page 12 Icon_smile Plans for today - Page 12 Icon_smile Plans for today - Page 12 Icon_smile sorry folks
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:38 pm

Your more than welcome to have moan can I ask a question what is an old age pension worth over there? If it is too personal a question PM me and I will exchange rates of ours to yours. Frustrating I know but what else can you do but grin and bare it. I have been to the surgeons today for my feet they are very happy with their progress and I go back in four weeks. As I said I am off for surgery on Friday afternoon but might be home friday night Today is hot again and we are not up to all that much just taking it easy. Going to have a snooze soon the dogs are even taking it easy.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:42 am

My friend is going thru something simaler with her Mom, Herbie. I know she stops by every AM at my office just to let it out. Venting is good for you! We can listen anytime, then you can keep smiling for your Mom. Plans for today - Page 12 855481

Good luck with your hand surgery Louise!!
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:10 pm

I will be fine judging by what the surgeon said the cut is not that big and I should be able to drive in a couple of days..... being in hospital for two days one night is fine with me at least it is cool there!! But apart from that I just need the hand fixing as it is now effecting the muscles in my arm. Venting is so important that you let it all out doesn't do anyone any good keeping things bottled up not at all. Today's plan is I will be at home later this afternoon I will be babysitting Sanjay whilst his mum and granmother do some weed wacking and mow the lawns. We are then all sitting down to a roast pork dinner with a couple of Lemon Ruski's yummy. (vodka premix) Love the stuff.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next