dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are two dogs too much for family with two small kids?

5 posters

Go down

Are two dogs too much for family with two small kids? Empty Are two dogs too much for family with two small kids?

Post by bubblesbaby Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Hi everyone,I am new here,but was just wondering has anyone got some good advice on wether I should only have 1 dog,as I have a six month old baby girl and nearly 3 year old son,and two dogs,1 jack russell pup,and a tentrefeild terrier 2 year old female,that we saved from the pound,who is great with kids.
they are good but the puppy nips at my son,when playing or running,do you think he will grow out of that?
and its real full on having a puppy,as well as a baby,should I have waited till the kids were older?
any advice would be great,please? Rolling Eyes Question Smile
bubblesbaby
bubblesbaby

Number of posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Are two dogs too much for family with two small kids? Empty Re: Are two dogs too much for family with two small kids?

Post by Admin Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:36 pm

i have a 3 yr old son! and chloe does the lick bite thing,but with a puppy im sure if you work with it it will learn!
they are both ony small dogs so things should get better!!
you just ned to train the pup a bit more and let it no the kids are before the dog!! Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Are two dogs too much for family with two small kids? Empty Re: Are two dogs too much for family with two small kids?

Post by bubblesbaby Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:08 pm

yes,trying to train the pup,just dont get much time,but great advice,thankyou.
bubblesbaby
bubblesbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:30 pm

Hi there great to see a new person!. Two dogs are great as one might get a bit jealous of the baby but with two they would keep each other occupied.
Pups always seem to nip younger children. They try to be dominant over them which is unfortunate. Lots of supervision is needed when any child is near any dog but I am sure you do this anyway.
Try to get your yougster to learn how to get the dog to sit with him. Then let the little one give the dog a treat. only if it sits. hopefully in time the puppy will learn that if it sits next to child it will get a reward.
Good luck with your pup Very Happy
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:47 pm

excellant,will try this out,thanks a lot
bubblesbaby
bubblesbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by anna Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:46 am

your right to ave 2 dogs there great company 4 each other and even better to bring your children with dogs from a young age . i have 2 dogs 1 is only a puppy and also nips at my 5 year old son but the puppy is growing out of this stage as will yours good luck and hope it all works out Very Happy xxx

anna

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:47 am

yes with some training etc they should grow out of it
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:54 am

yah.all goin great now,thanx Very Happy
bubblesbaby
bubblesbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:15 pm

Please if you need to come back please do two dogs are great with kids we used to have six!! Good luck we are only too happy to help.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down