dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green collars

+3
sharreem
lorie
Yacket's Mum
7 posters

Go down

Green collars Empty Green collars

Post by Yacket's Mum Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:25 am

Well Checke and Biscuit are now able to wear there green collars out in public without there muzzle ever again. Here is Checke and Biscuit and then one of Biscuit and Princess Olivia who I am doggie sitting.

Green collars 2008_010

Green collars 2008_011
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Number of posts : 479

Back to top Go down

Green collars Empty Re: Green collars

Post by lorie Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:56 am

Congrats to you and them, cheers but, what is the history behind them being muzzled??? They certainly aren't on the dangerous dog list over here....
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:11 am

Fantasic hey they are going o be confused for a while when they are used to wearing a muzzle on each walk. they will feel quite naked for a while
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:40 pm

Hahaha, naked faces... Laughing
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:22 pm

Wow they look really cool..they really suit green Razz
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1832

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:09 pm

They made to wear the muzzle many years ago because they use to live course them (let them catch and kill chickens feral pigs ect so that they know to run to the pen and there would be a reward) and the animal protection people stepped in and said all greyhounds have to be muzzled because they kill little things and over the decades of years and now you are not allowed to do it they still have to be muzzled. But finally someone has a brain and hard work and have had the laws changed for the tested dogs not to be muzzled but this only aplyies to pet greyhounds and if they are finished racing and are desexed and tested by GAP (greyhound adoption program) So it is one small step but one huge one in the greyhound pet arena.

My dogs are loving not having muzzles on all they want to do when they did have them on was rub up and down your leg to get it off. hehehe

No they are not on the dangerous dog list it was because of the blooding of them they had to be muzzled and they stopped doing that many years ago but never took away the muzzle. Some dogs even as a pet will not pass but if they are with the right owners then they just keep there muzzle on some just have a huge pray drive and some don't that is why they become pets... They are just like other dogs some get on with others and some don't.
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboi Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:33 pm

Absolutely fantastic eh, about time peoples attitude changed. Cool
oldboi
oldboi
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 773

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:48 pm

Yes we are so pleased that people are finally coming around to the fact Greyhounds make wonderful pets and they are not just a money making business. Now with the muzzles off we might not get so many comments on how that dog will bite you because it has a muzzle on ect....and we can keep educating people on what they are like as pets and let them pat them and cuddle them and just go gooie over them like there over the top owners....heheheheh...me included.

The most interesting comment we seem to get once someone has patted a grey for the frist time is how soft they are! I am not sure what people expect but it is a nice comment but I would have thougth most dogs are lovely and soft to pat! Maybe because of there short coat? but I have a friend who has an australian bull dog and she has a wonderful soft coat!
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:38 pm

Great to see them in their lovely green collars. Unfortunately some greyhound trainers and owners still blood their dogs they say it makes them keener all I can say is it's freaking cruel!!  Greyhounds make great pets and your right when walking greyhounds all they do is rub against you to get the muzzle off they hate them. Thanks for posting the photos they look wonderful and princess olivia is gorgeous makes me want another grey also you dont see greys sitting much they either stand or lay down.  I just love seeing them such wonderful dogs.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:43 am

I know that some trainers still blood them but they are not ment to but it still happens...

The greys look so silly sitting both Biscuit and Princess Olivia sit and on command and they both attend obeidence together every monday night.
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:39 am

They do look odd and your right blooding should not happen!! 
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:47 am

They look so lovley.... very proud.... and they sould be...

I cannot wait to ouwn my very own couch potato... hehe If/when i move out of home with Beth i think we would like a greyhound.

they are soft LOL....... when i gave Biscuit stoke he felt like velvet... I guess i thought the hair would be corser like our bullmastiff...
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down