dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

please consider a rescue animal when looking for a new pet

+3
bubblesbaby
Mali
Admin
7 posters

Go down

please consider a rescue animal when looking for a new pet Empty please consider a rescue animal when looking for a new pet

Post by Admin Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:07 pm

i would like to just remind everyone out there that maybe looking to buy a new pet!!!
there are so many pets in pounds,shelters,rescue and foster homes looking for new loving familys!!

so before you go looking around why not start looking for pets that need homes urgently!!
there are all sorts of pets needing homes including dogs,puppies,cats,kitten,horses,rats and much much more!!!
plz ask our members for links of rescue sites bounce

flower so many pets need homes today!!!
plz plz plz help these animals....
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

please consider a rescue animal when looking for a new pet Empty Re: please consider a rescue animal when looking for a new pet

Post by Mali Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:20 am

Here here could not agree more... there are thousands of them just dying to get a loving forever home.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

please consider a rescue animal when looking for a new pet Empty Re: please consider a rescue animal when looking for a new pet

Post by bubblesbaby Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:30 am

oh,is this the add on gumtree?
i just seen this advertised on there.u r so rite,someone else on perth gumtree advertised wanting a female dog,for a friend for bitza male,i do hope they will sterilize one,if its not already done!! Mad
bubblesbaby
bubblesbaby

Number of posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:31 am

no no i havent posted this on gumtree they actually kicked me off i can post anything or even have an account because of all the ads for dogforums4everyone Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:34 am

wow,someone else must of had the same idea as you,what a coincidence!!!
bubblesbaby
bubblesbaby

Number of posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:17 am

Doesnt matter as long as the message gets out that there are so many souls looking for their forever homes.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:15 pm

Here are a couple I know of. Hope they help

Friends of the Hound (greyhound rescue) www.friendsofthehound.org.au
Animal Welfare League of Qld (all breeds and cats)
www.awlqld.com.au
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Number of posts : 479

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:16 pm

There is plenty of them on dogzonline rescue section is full and the urgent section is just bloody heartbreaking.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:20 pm

I forgot about that site...sorry... I try not to read them to much it is depressing I wish I could rescue them all but hubby would kill me...lol Laughing
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JazzGrl~ Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:36 am

Sure.I like to help pets and animals.
~JazzGrl~
~JazzGrl~

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:50 am

Yacket's Mum wrote:I forgot about that site...sorry... I try not to read them to much it is depressing I wish I could rescue them all but hubby would kill me...lol Laughing
Cause for divorce I think... 
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:30 am

If only it was that easy...(divorce) but need his money to help rescue and rehome the greyhounds that I do... Very Happy so he has to stay around a bit longer...
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:57 pm

Excellent point.... 
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kat99 Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:11 am

where are the rescue sites for horses
i know of butamemory but thats the only one i know of

kat99

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:26 pm

Project hope have horses up for adoption, RSPCA have horses.  Type in horse adoption or rescue into google in australia and see what comes up.Done this and here are a few for you http://www.horserescue.com.au/site/index.php?page=for-adoptionhttp://www.dchanimaladoptions.com/http://www.schrar.org/adopt.htmlhttp://www.horsewelfare.com.au/adoptions.htmlhttp://www.horserides.org/horse_rescue.htmlHope that helps. 
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboi Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:56 pm

Great causes eh...
We have taken the unwanted, an given them a home.
Still do... Cool
oldboi
oldboi
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 773

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Any rescues in my opinion are great causes they do a wonderful job that no one else wants to do. Some of it can be absolutely heartbreaking but in the end it is worth it. The thing with rescue is that you get to really see the ugly side of human nature.  Out of that ugliness comes the rescuer who makes the dogs beautiful again. Some they can help and others are beyond it. Over the years I have seen some horrific cases via Dogzonline Rescue section. 
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:44 am

I had a beautiful rescue grey Nugget who had broken her toes and tore the webbing in her feet and the owner sewed it up in the paddock and then put her into the program bout 4 weeks later to be rehomed and she kept limping so I took her to the vet only to find the fishing line stitches were still there inbedded in her foot. Poor think screamed when the came out the vet gave her an anitbiotic injection just incase and after about a week she was good as rain, found a wonderful forever home and is much loved and will only ever see a vet if need be! I felt so guilty that she had to live like that.
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:54 am

You were not to know you found them at least and had them removed you also got her a wonderful furrever home. 
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down