dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what I feed my babies beware of giving scraps!!!

4 posters

Go down

what I feed my babies beware of giving scraps!!! Empty what I feed my babies beware of giving scraps!!!

Post by sharreem Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:43 pm

I fed my pups eagle pack for large and giant breeds http://www.eaglepack.com/Pages/SP_LGPuppy.html have a read about what it says.

Angel our bitch now gets either eagle pack, science diet or Eukanuba... she gets bored with one flavour so thats why i change.
I have learnt the hard way about scraps being given to dogs. Ebony our old girl nearly died last year from pancrienitis ..... fat poisoning... She always had scraps all her life from the kids left overs. One day she had some sausause scraps in her bowl....well to cut a long story short after $1800 vet bill she no longer has scraps.. she is only aloud chicken breasts and boiled rice. her pancriese can no longer disolve fat. PLEASE be careful feeding dogs older than 7 years old any scraps. My dog lived but two dogs I know of died from the same thing she had...their owners were not so lucky!!! Evil or Very Mad
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

what I feed my babies beware of giving scraps!!! Empty Re: what I feed my babies beware of giving scraps!!!

Post by Admin Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:00 pm

i dont aggree with cooked bones!!
i got a rotty girl from the pound a few yrs ago and somebody threw chock or steak bones over our fence!!
she had to be pts because she wasnt having a good time!
she only suffered for a few hours but the symptoms she had was terrifing
she was throthing from the mouth could hardle breath,started to bleed etc
i was all over the place and took her to the vets they said she couldnt be saved so they put her to sleep and later the autopsy showed a large handle of cooked bones!!!!

i cant beleive someone would risk another living this life!!
but it has showed me that YES you shouldnt give cooked bones and i never will and i will try and tell people the same thing Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

what I feed my babies beware of giving scraps!!! Empty Re: what I feed my babies beware of giving scraps!!!

Post by Mali Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:57 pm

sorry to hear that you have had trouble sharreem that is an awful thing to happen. I never feed cooked bones always raw and I have found eagle pack to be the best dog food do far mine is on the holistic select duck and oatmeal range and he is doing really well on it. Thanks for the warning.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:33 am

Oh, I know so many people who feed cooked bones!! i try to tell them not to! I hate to sound like a nag, they just don't understand how it changes the composition after being cooked..
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:36 pm

No they dont but they will learn the hard way sometime and the dog could pay the ultimate price his or her life.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:15 pm

its not a pretty thing to see a dog through what they go through when a cooked bone gets logged or splinters their insides
expectaly if they just had puppys the day before!!
pebbles the girl i got from the pound started with realy heavy panting,really bad throth from her mouth,the most horrible horrible sounds,
i cant remember the rest but once she started throthing it was straight to the vet!!
poor girl it was the worst thing i have ever seen Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:19 pm

what I feed my babies beware of giving scraps!!! Pebble10
pebbles
the next one is of one of the puppies! and a kitten which we found dumped at the near by servo (which later on had some sort of fits and had to be pts)that was a nice thing to see such a lovly lil kitten having fitswhat I feed my babies beware of giving scraps!!! Dcpics10
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:18 am

the pound had her in a full enclosed cage were u couldnt see in and had a dangerous dog sign "not available for adoption!
my partner asked about her and met her etc the next day we went and got her and she was the best dog!!!
we only had her for a short while but never any aggresstion problems nothing!
was great with other dogs
(oh she aint the neighbour hood rooster (what was one doing in a surburbing street in a main town in sydney???
anyways perfect dog and great with kids
its amazing how they judge a dog sometimes without getting to no her
she was going to be pts but we saved her from thatt
poor girl i really miss her such a great dog Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:55 am

Too bad, they label certain breeds.
had a lovely Rottie in the other day,, all 140 lbs. of her... So silly, she had two knee replacements and when she sat, her back legs would go straight out instead of bend...
She was sweeter than some poms I know.. Laughing
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:59 am

well my auntie rescued a male rotty the same day as we rescued pebbles but he was old approx 8 or 9 bad scars bad hips could hardly move!!!
such a lovely boy but he got really bad were his hips were all out of wak so he was pts
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:59 pm

Again this is part of the breed specific legislation you can blame dog haters for this again its all about breed NOT deed. It sucks but its part of life. Most rottweilers are gentle loving dogs my sister had them for near on 20 years. I love the breed and as you know we have one here a young male who is wonderful with us and visitors. Im glad that people are aware of this and give these wonderful dogs a go.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:20 pm

i luv rottys
and never seen or had a dangerous one!
they are so loyal and loving i just luv em! Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:08 am

our cousin had a rotty...she was such a gentle soul... she got a brain tumour and kept running into things she was PTS at the young age of 3...... RIP sweet girl...
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:36 am

awww poor thing!!!
the good thing is that i ahve passed on the "no cooked bones rule to all of my family members
mum thought it was ok because she did it for years,but i begged not to and now she doesnt give any animal a cooked bone!!
that is my number one rule for my animals
"no cooked bones at all"
seems harmless but it can kill
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:27 am

Yes they can and your right rotties are a very loving, gentle breed.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down