dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

companys and their so called breeders recommending pedigree dog food???why its no good!!!!?

+5
Mali
sharreem
bubblesbaby
Beth<3
Admin
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

companys and their so called breeders recommending pedigree dog food???why its no good!!!!? Empty companys and their so called breeders recommending pedigree dog food???why its no good!!!!?

Post by Admin Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:11 am

hey,
i want to no why companys advitise breeders for their crap dog food products?
pedigree recommended by dog breeders???? affraid
is there really any breeders out there that use pedigree and would recommend it!?
every dog i no that has eaten it has got the runs really bad!!!
and i thought i would give chloe a go on it!! biggest mistake of my life she has been poo'ing runny poo's and it really stinks!!
i have changed her straight back to her usual food but i want to no is , does any one aggree with me confused
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

companys and their so called breeders recommending pedigree dog food???why its no good!!!!? Empty Re: companys and their so called breeders recommending pedigree dog food???why its no good!!!!?

Post by Beth<3 Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:53 am

I dont normally use this particular prand as canned food i uses natures gift and it is great with my girls.
I find that on the rare occasion i do my dogs are ok with that . Pedagree dog Biscuits I have used often in the past when i can not get Nutrience witch i love.
I dont think that it was the food so much that would have caused the runny poo's but how you introduced it to there diet as you probably know changes sould be made slowly...... mabey........ the food was changed to fast for the dog. Rolling Eyes

You may just have a dog with a sensitive gut.

In total i dont really like this brand and many others but i dont think it is harmfull Rolling Eyes

everybody to there own i suppose
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

companys and their so called breeders recommending pedigree dog food???why its no good!!!!? Empty Re: companys and their so called breeders recommending pedigree dog food???why its no good!!!!?

Post by Admin Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:32 am

its not just chloe tho
everybody i no that has used pedigree canned food says the same!
im not sure but i def wont be using it again
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:53 am

yeh just stick to what they are used to that is what we do if they enjoy it why bother to change
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:35 am

I dont give my dogs canned food,as it makes them pass wind,and gives them the runs, :pug87: I like the dog roll or chicken mince or bones or biscuits,for my dogs,whats everyone else use?
bubblesbaby
bubblesbaby

Number of posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:03 am

Pedigree Pal is rubbish... its full of fillers And guess what...Advance is glorified pal... made by the same company.
When you are looking for a good dog food always check the label. make sure the first ingredient is Chicken. Not by products or beef. Beef is not good for your dog.
Most supermarket foods have to much fillers like cereals ect.
With premium foods you give your dog less because they are made of premium ingredients. So even if it looks too expensive take a look at how much you need to feed your dog. Your dog will get fat on supermarket foods but will look fantastic on premium foods as their body is absorbing all the right nutrients.
Also smaller stools on premium food as the dog has digested the food properly.
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:30 pm

http://www.eaglepack.com/Pages/EP_FAQs.html

Have a read of this link. It is from Eagle pack...a fantastic premium dog food. These are the Frequently answered questions!
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:07 am

I feed my two littlies on eagle pack holistic which is the duck and oatmeal and yes it is good however I have found I have got better results with Nutrience Holistic and will be going back to that once this back of food is eaten. But it is good dog food that is for sure.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:54 am

I havent tried Nutrience yet in fact never seen it where do you buy it? I will have to look out for it next time I am at petstock.
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:59 pm

Not sure that petstock stock it I use a great little food supply store here in geelong that stocks it I know petbarn stock it in gosford I am sure if you go to them they will stock it as my friend Karen buys hers there for her german shepherds. Come to think of it I have not seen it at petstock I am about to buy a new bag and I will check out our local store. I have gone to the website and below is the link for the areas in which they have stock. Good luck.

NUTRIENCE LOCATIONS NSW
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:03 pm

May I also state that I have used pedigree pal in the past particularly their puppy food (canned) and have always had great results with it with my litters. The puppy food variety natural range is also wonderful I have used Advance rehydratable and my pups loved it. So I cannot rubbish it too much as I have found when I have used it in the past with pups its been very good.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:08 pm

oh yer i aggree the puppy food is great but the adult one!!
thats the one iw as talking about
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:40 pm

The adult one well I refer to that as junk food I tend to feed natures gift now but however mine do like a can of junk now and again. It is also good to get them to eat something if they are feeling poorly etc. I also use cat food for that one dogs cannot resist the stuff. Yeah its not great dog food but better than the no name brand stuff. God that stinks like dog poo!! I never realised it until I had not smelt it for a few months its revolting stuff.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:27 am

Oh HI!
I would lile to tell you my story of food for Mingo!
When she was a baby, I fed her what the breeder gave me, and she was a fussy eater who did not eat much anyway, and being a new Mommy I worried so much so I started buying different brands trying to get her to EAT!
Then, I researched and spoke to the vet and started boiling hanburger and rice and turkey and rice and ading vegetables, different combos and she ate that for awhile..
Then, she started to turn her nose up at that.
Finaly, I hooked up with a woman who told me about raw feeding. She explained how, our dogs' ancesters would catch what they could and get all the nutrients out of their kill. Like, Mingo, who is small, would be able to catch a rabbit and eat the bones and marrow and from the stomach she would get partially digested friuts and grains.
To reproduce this diet, Mingo got chicken bones, yogurt , raw egg, veggies cottage cheese. Did she love those bones? I'll say, After the first taste of raw bone, she got extremly food possessive, this from a dog who was sticking her nose up at everything!
She actually bit me when I tried to move her bone over. We got through that phase and things were fine, I couldn't believe how she just chewed them right up!
But , one day she went off her food and ended up at the vet. We think a bone shard scratched her throat so, baby food for a few days and then frozen raw.
She has been on that now for over a year with no problems. She is very healthy with a nice coat, and she is getting everything she needs with no fillers and no by-products. We (and you also) have had so many scares with different dog foods..
Frozen raw is expensive but the piece of mind is important. Really, Mingo is little so it's not too bad..
I'm really relieved this food battle is over for us! companys and their so called breeders recommending pedigree dog food???why its no good!!!!? 708716
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:34 pm

Raw is the best way to go. It truly is and my mini's do much better on raw rather than processed however I still include a good quality dry food in their diets. Currently using Eagle Pack but I am going back to Nutrience after this bag.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:52 am

I have not heard of any of the brands mentioned here except Pedigree...
Mingo gets some dehydrated chichen hearts as a treat... my current worry is, she is only three and she is getting a little build up on her teeth...must do something about that now...
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:52 am

get a tooth brush lol Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:58 am

I have one of those things you put on your finger...and doggie toothpaste..

companys and their so called breeders recommending pedigree dog food???why its no good!!!!? 885772
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:03 am

lol
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:25 pm

I think its called a toothbrush Surprised (yes I am being sarcastic)
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:13 am

LOL!!

When I went to school, sometimes the owners would buy the toothpaste kit. We were expected to brush the dogs teeth as part of the groom.Well, most people would buy the kit long after the dog started having plaque, and long after it was willing to let a stranger stick something with goop on it,in their mouths..

Bottom line, all we could really do it hope the dog would chew it a little... Rolling Eyes
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:40 am

Yep nothing like a bit of chewing to keep the teeth good.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:29 am

Try science diet dental food. It is supposed to be great for removing plaque... or just give some lovely raw brisket bones
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:52 am

Hi, I to had problems with Pal being feed to our Greyhounds and when you have to pickup poo and it is not hard that is not an easy job so I now give our Greys Eaglepac dry kibble and chicken mince or dog roll and either chicken necks or a wing and on sundays they get sardines in oil and they also get Greek yogurt for there tummies and they have beautiful coats and easy to collect poo.
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Number of posts : 479

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:12 am

hey has anyone seen them new bags of dog food with the twist top lid??
not sure of the brand but i brought it for chloe
is a mix of raw chick and veg and lasts for a few days in the fridge!!!
i bought it coz it looked interesting and it comes out of the bag looking like poo lol
chloe loved it!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next