dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Australia Day

4 posters

Go down

Happy Australia Day Empty Happy Australia Day

Post by sharreem Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:06 pm

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY EVERYONE !!!!!!
Today we are going down to Mooloolaba beach to watch the havianna thong challange. last year think they had 3000 thongs end to end. Then we are picnicing down the beach gunna throw a lamb chop or two on the barbie then eat a amington or 3 Happy Australia Day Icon_biggrin
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Happy Australia Day Empty Re: Happy Australia Day

Post by Mali Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:18 pm

You beat me to it...

Happy Australia Day Glitterfy0172200T685D30

Happy Australia Day Aussienproudcropped

Happy Australia Day 2224454155_0e64d0cb2f

I hope everyone has a great day I have friends coming around for a BBQ should be good not bad weather either. Enjoy yourselves.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:38 am

Lamb chops!!!!!
Please don't tell me you serve them with mint jelly like they do in the states! YUCK!!
I make a sauce with sour cream..and drippings. But, lots of people hate lamb here.. Happy Australia Day Icon_evil
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:21 pm

You can have them with mint sauce if you want it I just like mine salted but I do love roast lamb with mint sauce we have lovely thick mint sauce here and mint jelly. What sort of drippings? Not here I think cause Australia has grown up on a sheeps back that we love our lamb here. In actual fact it is my favourite meat love the stuff.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:40 pm

We serve with mint sauce over here.... JJ and I are not big meat eaters we mainly eat chicken if we have it at all..

Happy Australia day to all my friends ...
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1832

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:55 pm

I hate mint in general, excuse my snotty words for it but, yuck-a- Happy Australia Day Icon_razz yuck!
I don't grill or, "barbie" I am old -fashioned in this way because I firmly believe a man should do that. The reason for my thinking is:

I do not want to drag food outside , cook it, drag it wherever it's gonna be served, then, drag all the trash back inside again.
I think the MAN should at least COOK it and I wil do the rest. But, I don't have someone who agrees whith me!
So, when the grill fell over from the wind, I did not pick it up. I did not clean it when we did use it and eventually, it rotted to death. YAY!
I think I need signature now.
it should say: please excuse my sacasm and strong opinions as I am trying to quit smoking
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:19 pm

A classic and all very true... this is how I feel about christmas trees and christmas lights... what a giant pain in the ass the the whole process is and I am NOT giving up smoking cause I never started. The grill has gone to heaven I love cooking BBQ it is always good.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:28 am

Spoiler:
Oh Lorie thank you .....I think the same...hence no BBQ's here....

My son and his crowd have them all the time when they are camping everything is BBQed ......Yep we do sometimes have the weather over here to BBQ
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:59 am

I am sure you do... it won't be long now you will be having a heatwave and we will be in the cool again. Coming into the last month of summer and the hottest one... so be ready for lots of complaining!!
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:11 pm

Just now planning our first camping trip for memorial Day weekend!
It will be natalies first time!!
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:37 pm

I can't wait to start our camping trips..the camper is looking very sad at the moment as my son is working on it... the starter motor has stopped starting!!!!!!!
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:50 pm

You have a drive around, you lucky! We have one we tow, but it's better than a tent. Happy Australia Day Icon_wink
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:02 pm

Both sound great enjoy your camping... I love camping such fun. Not many places here where you can take dogs makes it a bit hard especially the little dogs.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:31 pm

Most of our camp sites let you take dogs..but they must be keep on the lead.... which some people think does not include theirs Happy Australia Day Icon_mad .....
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:18 pm

herbiedog wrote:Most of our camp sites let you take dogs..but they must be keep on the lead.... which some people think does not include theirs Happy Australia Day Icon_mad .....

That is a pain... it also means that if it continues it could ruin it for those that are responsible. Geeze some people really bug the hell out of me. Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:43 pm

We only ( and ever would) go to a spot where they can go. This place is great! We will go may 31 weekend, i'lll take pics, they all love Mingo, I think Nat will fit in too.
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:00 am

Have fun...........
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:34 pm

We use BBQ mostly in summer when its too hot to use the oven. My favoutite lamb chop thing to do is rub them in french onion dip packet mix ten grill them... yummo but the best food of all is lamb roast with mint sauce and gravy then left over lamb rolls for lunch the next day with mint jelly and gravy!!!!! I want some now!!!
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:39 pm

sharreem wrote:We use BBQ mostly in summer when its too hot to use the oven. My favoutite lamb chop thing to do is rub them in french onion dip packet mix ten grill them... yummo but the best food of all is lamb roast with mint sauce and gravy then left over lamb rolls for lunch the next day with mint jelly and gravy!!!!! I want some now!!!

SPOT ON MY FAVOURITE!! I am going to do lamb ribs on the BBQ tonight too hot to cook insided tonight so looking forward to it.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down