dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any tips for the girls

5 posters

Go down

Any tips for the girls Empty Any tips for the girls

Post by Beth<3 Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:23 am

OTAY.. lets start at the very begining.. A very good place to start..

Soo had to add some fun to what is going to be a BLAH Topic...

Well our BIG girl kimba is showing all the signs of the begining of heart failer she had a pear shape starting, she tires very quikley and pants even if it is cold the old girl only gets up for food and toilet now.. She is on medication but there is only so much we can do before her time is up.....

I just wanted to now if anybody has delt with this before and if they know of ways we can make her last few months a comfy as possible....???

Second.. it was heart worm this week and we STOPPED..

Layla was never given heart worm tablets..., the "SO called breeder" would not have given it to her..
My uncle never gave it to her .. and i clicked...

The panting, the fact she tires so fast she also has back leg problems now to but they may not be related...
We never had the vet cheak her for heart worm when she was desexed nothing and now of course we are worried.. Could this explane her difficulty putting on weight???
Any way she has a vet appointment next week for a test... Wish us luck the last thing we wont is 2 dogs with heart issues.

But yes sadley our 2 big beauties are not looking them selves..... Layla limp is pretty bad but i think she may have som Hip problems form the poor diet and over breeding. The vet also stated Layla is not a Young as we were told she is atlest 4 year old SOCKER breeder got it wrong.

So yeh BLAH post but that is what is happening at our place..
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

Any tips for the girls Empty Re: Any tips for the girls

Post by herbiedog Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:05 pm

Aww thats a shame Beth I hope that all turns out well ...it is not nicwe when our best friends are poorly.. I will send you all good vibes from across the waters...
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1832

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:49 pm

Oh that is terrible I hope all goes well and Yacket sends doggie love and kisses.

Please keep us updated on how you go!
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Number of posts : 479

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:42 am

poor babies. Get them on glucosamine product called glyde.. I buy it from the vet.. Back leg soreness practically goes away.
Good luck with the heart worm problem. fingers crossed
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:57 pm

I hope everything goes well glucosamine is excellent if you can get it with chrondrotin it is even better. Has your vet discussed Cartrophen injections as well? Rimadyl is an excellent product not cheap but they do well on it I had a shepherd with really bad hips and we used all the above on him and the difference it made was incrediable. I hope they improve and that the heartworm is treatable. We are all here for you though you know that. 
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down