dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dog breeds?

5 posters

Go down

dog breeds? Empty dog breeds?

Post by Admin Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:04 am

click here to check out the facebook group Smile

hey guys ive just joined a group on facebook
STAFFIES AREN'T DANGEROUS SPREAD THE WORD

anyways it got me thinking
what does everyone on here thing about "dangerous dog breeds"?
im talking staffies,rottys,pitbulls any of the breeds that people class as dangerous or savage!

i beleive it is how they are raised from day 1 but i also beleive that there will always be a bad "egg" in every breed(a dog that cant be controlled)

any breed can be dangerous!
what is everyone elses thoughts
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

dog breeds? Empty Re: dog breeds?

Post by sharreem Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:08 am

Glad you joined the group jules. people need to be aware that not all scarey type breeds are bad
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:51 am

I agree it's not the dog it's the owners most of the time...

Most people see.. say a staffy or Rotti and instantly think that dogs dangerous... but a Jack Russell can be just as dangerous.... dog breeds? Icon_eek

Our vet told us that the only dog she has even been bitten by is a little terrier.....
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1832

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:03 am

It is the irresponsible owners I own one of those so called dangerous breeds German Shepherds and in all my time I have never had ONE bite or attack anyone. Yes I will allow them to bark to defend my property but I have never had an incident. Nor have I known one amongst friends with the breed. It sucks but I don't think your ever going to stop people from being both stupid and ugly in their thoughts.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:17 am

I agree, it's the PEOPLE and an occasional bad egg that make the reputations for some breeds.
I have several Cairns I , along with their OWNERS have totally given up on getting anywhere near their toenails.
I have a rottie client that doesn't like being touched on his tail. So, I just DON'T!!
My own Mingo hates her back legs brushed and will snap at me if I hit a snag.

I have several pitties who are sweethearts, one doesn't really like other dogs, SO I just don't have other dogs here.

I have one border collie who always came on a weekday. The last time she came on a Sat. when my helper is here. She growled at her whenever she tried to do anything to her, like she was saying 'Who is this person intruding on OUR TIME TOGETHER??"

Now, I have never met a springer that I liked or trusted completly, so I have to lump them together. It took a long time to come to that conclusion, tho.
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:59 am

thats right if u no what the animal doesnt like than just dont do it!
i still think more education and proper laws for proper pet care aka excersise and training should be brought it!!
having a dog isnt just about feeding it!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:33 pm

How I so agree with you there Julz..

Some people just think that you just get a puppy and it is cute and then by magic it becomes a well behaved adult .. It is like having a child they are hard work and you have to show who is in charge....

Says I with a well behaved Terrier dog breeds? Icon_razz
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:12 pm

I personally believe that we have enough restrictions as dog owners as it is I do not want anymore. Whilst I agree with what Julz said I do not want more legislation on dog matters that make it harder for those that are responsible. As for a well trained terrierist can you actually get them.... Shocked
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:04 am

oh ok well yer i agree there mini! but what i mean is known "bad dogs/owners"
dogs that keep getting out or cause havick for their neighbours etc
you no known problems by council,rspca etc!
if they bring a thing that will force these type of problems to get training and more education for the owners it might encourage them to actually do the right thing!
you see all the pet shows on tv like rspca rescue and aspca etc they enforce the healthy of pets but never tell the owners proper training may be needed!
i dont no i guess there will always be bad owners and but hopfully things will get better one year lol
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:42 am

2minifoxies1GSD wrote: As for a well trained terrierist can you actually get them.... dog breeds? Icon_eek

Ha Ha..don't think that I have even seen one..but they can look like little angels .. dog breeds? Icon_lol and then turn into little devils dog breeds? Icon_twisted
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:46 am

Admin wrote:oh ok well yer i agree there mini! but what i mean is known "bad dogs/owners"
dogs that keep getting out or cause havick for their neighbours etc
you no known problems by council,rspca etc!
if they bring a thing that will force these type of problems to get training and more education for the owners it might encourage them to actually do the right thing!
you see all the pet shows on tv like rspca rescue and aspca etc they enforce the healthy of pets but never tell the owners proper training may be needed!
i dont no i guess there will always be bad owners and but hopfully things will get better one year lol

Julz I know what you mean we have lots of irresponsible owners around here.. a couple of which just open ytheir doors and let their dogs out for them to roam and do their toilet all over the childrens playing field... it has driven us mad we have reported it to the local council but as at present nothing has been done about it..

We have got to find out who actually owns the land the council or housing association!!!! we are still waiting for a phone call back...
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:23 am

I have learnt never let anyone out in my yard without me! Then I know that the people do not hurt m dogs and they wont hurt them. so many people are idiots around dogs and think they can rough them up then have them calm again.
Children are the worst offenders they tread on feet they pull ears they pull tails. Yes even a lab will bite even though mine never have. Its people that wreck dogss!!!
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum