dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our new little piggie

+2
Yacket's Mum
sharreem
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Our new little piggie Empty Our new little piggie

Post by sharreem Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:47 pm

We rescued a little guinea pig yesterday. A friend put up on her facebook "anybody wanting a guinea pig come and get it , going on holidays and we dont want it!" I already have their last piggie, clover when they didnt want him anymore so i said I would take the piggie.... so sick of people disposing of pets!
We went over straight away only to find the hutch had no lid on it... plenty of cats roaming around their neighbours yard. The piggie had wrapped itself up in a urine soaked towel. It had no water and the cage had wire on the bottom of it still so great for feet... NOT!
We put the piggie known as stupid in our car and took it home. They didnt ven know what sex it was.
Straight away we gave it a bath. It is long haired but hair was so badly matted that I had to cut off most of its hair from the bad mattered urine and poo tangles. The water was puetred! So after its haircut I gave it another bath and combed through the left over hair. We discovered "stupid" was a girl and renamed her heidi as she was hiding when we found her.
Should have taken a photo of her before but I just wanted to fix her so now she is par of our family. I dont know wha type she is just have to wait for the hair to grow back but her hair is so long. She has the same face with short hair as our coco augaouti then she has long white, yellow , black long hair. Dont know if she had any rosettes as she was so badly mattered so will have to wait see.
I will try to take photos today of her looking alot cleaner.
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Our new little piggie Empty Re: Our new little piggie

Post by Yacket's Mum Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:04 pm

Well done on rescuing this poor little piggie. It will have a wonderful life now.

I hate people who think pets are disposible to!
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Number of posts : 479

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:15 pm

I hate them from here, too. Heidi is one of my most faverite names, I'm glsd you found her and named her that Our new little piggie Herz
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:23 pm

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is why i am with the ACS stuff like this happens all the time. The poor baby!!

Good job on getting her!!!

make sure to treat with revoloution ect and quaranteen she could be carrying anything!
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:14 pm

Poor darling glad she is with you now... Emma the ACS was at the Ballarat Pet Expo yesterday and they had alot of people around their stall which is great. So pleased this little one is now clean, loved and safe.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:24 pm

yes I have her separate from the others but she has never felt ground before only wire so she limps a bit on the ground. i dont think she has seen another piggie before either as we got clover from them about 2 years ago then they missed him so they got another piggie which was this little girl. Fancy not knowing what sex she was too.... glad they never put anotherone in there because they were thinking she was a boy because clover was a boy so they thought all the ones with long hair were males.... some stupid people
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:57 pm

ahhh LOU the lady there was Simone so glad she decided to have a stall she was so looking forward to it!..

I am sure she will get better with you know! why do people get pets do they think htye jsut look pretty in the yard??
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:23 am

why do petshops sell long haired piggies to people who dont know what they are doing???
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:15 am

Why do petstores sell PETS AT ALL is my question!!
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:37 pm

Beth<3 wrote:Why do petstores sell PETS AT ALL is my question!!

Here here. I[m with you Emma.
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Number of posts : 479

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:00 pm

Big movement here too. I can't go near that aisle, thankfully, I don't have to go in pet steres often. Well, I would love to but no time, plus, I don't want to see the puppies there, I can't afford any more and I want to rescue them all. But, that's not rescueing them anyway. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad. Our new little piggie Icon_cry Our new little piggie Icon_neutral
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:35 pm

sharreem wrote:why do petshops sell long haired piggies to people who dont know what they are doing???

Pet shops will sell anything to anyone to make money $$$$ Say no to animals in pet shops I say ALL ANIMALS.

Yacket's Mum wrote:

Here here. I[m with you Emma.

Me too so against it... how many animals have suffered from being from pet stores. Also impulse buys. GGGRRRR

lorie wrote:Big movement here too. I can't go near that aisle, thankfully, I don't have to go in pet steres often. Well, I would love to but no time, plus, I don't want to see the puppies there, I can't afford any more and I want to rescue them all. But, that's not rescueing them anyway. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad. Our new little piggie Icon_cry Our new little piggie Icon_neutral

No it is not rescuing just making sure there is more breeding animals ready to take the place of the ones before them. The puppy millers love pet shops supply and demand they go hand in hand. ASSHOLES!!
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:05 am

Our new little piggie Coralcoveturtles020
Our new little piggie Coralcoveturtles017
Our new little piggie Coralcoveturtles018Our new little piggie Coralcoveturtles021
Our new little piggie Coralcoveturtles022
Our new little piggie Coralcoveturtles026
This is Heidi our new little girl. This is after her hair cut... she had yellow long hair at the back all mattered. She is so unusual and pretty.
Cant wait for her hair to grow back to try to work out what breed she is. Will have to rely on Emmas skills also to work out her breed!
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:07 am

Remember I cut large handfuls of hair off this girl so her coat is much thicker and longer than this
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:48 am

O I LOVE her colors, I wouldn't resist putting little ponytails and bows...
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:34 pm

yes we should have called her rainbow she is so gorgeous cant wait for her yellow hair to grow again at the back
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:45 pm

She is such a sweetie I just love their little faces... so special.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:48 pm

OMGOSH!!! she is soooooo cute!!

haha you have got what i think is a
Golden Agouti, buff and white sheltie pig..
may or may not be pure depending on how her coat comes back.. Not that that worries you..

She is a beautiful girl GAA i LOVE pigs!!
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:49 pm

I thought she was a sheltie hercoat is so soft poor baby i dont think she has ever seen a brush
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:04 am

Well that has changed all for the better... she fell into the right hands now and I am sure will be very well looked after and loved. If not Emma will grab her and take her up to piggie paradise at her house.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:58 pm

She really looks a real cuite pie...

Some people just make you sick don't they ..put them in a tatty old cage soaked in urine with big monsters trying to get them and see how they would like it........errrmmm got a few I could try that with....
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1832

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:59 am

I have just picked up the bargin of the century from ebay. Its a kwilla 2 story hutch for $50. when i phoned the guy abou picking it up he said they used to keep 4 piggies in it. i thought to myself how cruel they must be ramped. well i got there and it is hude. it wasnearly the length of my trailer. I got it home as i was buying it for coco our augauti boy as his rainy day hutch is so small. we put him in it and he was so lost as it was just way to big for one piggie. our other bo has his own rainy hutch and grass hutch as they fight.
anyway i have swapped him with the girls rainy hutch on wheels as the new palace is so big. it has doors on the top and at the front it has two ramps to get up high with a resting ledge between levels. I have put the three girls in it and it still has so much room its fantastic.
I will take photos later it looks like nothing in the pics but wow looks great in real life. itsan adventure playground for piggies
cocois loving the girls old cage lol great smells!!!
Oh by the way the guys piggies died of old age at 5 years old so no sickness has been in it
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:00 am

Sounds like luxury....you will certainly have some contented piggies
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1832

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:03 am

The penthouse for piggies looking forward to seeing it sounds like you got a great bargain!!
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:15 am

I want to see the palace too!!
lorie
lorie
Chataholic