dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biscuit's frist obeidence trial

+3
Mali
sharreem
Yacket's Mum
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Biscuit's frist obeidence trial - Page 2 Empty Re: Biscuit's frist obeidence trial

Post by Mali Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:05 pm

Start training him next to distractions at club next to the Utility ring etc so he learns that he cannot go and play you need to do lots of distractions for him to learn that sit and down stays mean exactly that. You do not want to be sitting on a pass and blow it in the stays. Many dogs do this. My friend trialled on the weekend and her dog did exactly this she sat up when she returned with her tail wagging say I love you I love you . She was winning the ring all she wanted to do was kill her. Dogs are unpredictable like kids and people I hope that he does extremely well for you I really do. I would love to be there to watch and offer support on the day I will be thinking of you both and cheering you on from Ballarat. Good luck.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Biscuit's frist obeidence trial - Page 2 Empty Re: Biscuit's frist obeidence trial

Post by Yacket's Mum Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:08 am

Thanks heaps. We have been doing a bit of training at home with Biscuit in the drop stay while a friend is going nuts over our agility and he just gets so excited... I guess it is more interesting then staying! heheheheh
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Number of posts : 479

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:47 am

Of course its a huge distraction and much more fun than just sitting there. But he has to learn and to know what is expected of him. Sounds like your doing all the right things for him and yourself. As I said if you bomb out in this one there is plenty more to do.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:44 am

Two days to go and I am freaking out...Do I have everything I will need for him.....Gazebo...walls for weather, table chairs, crate, cool rug, mattress, wet towel for the floor if to hot take out his mattress, fan and big ass battery to run the fan the whole time for his crate, collar lead check chain, arm number holder, water, toys, treats Oh and dog! Biscuit has been really off the last week so off we went to the chiropractor on tuesday to have him checked and the chiro thinks he had run into a fence post while barking cause he had his jaw out his shoulder out and both his hips were out...no wonder he didn't want to sit!...Rested him for 2 days and heat packed his yowies and he is like a new dog....Bloody dog will be the death of me! My sunday getting him ready is 10am give him a nice hydrobath and then lock him up cause he goes crazy. Head off to the trial at 12 set up vet him at 2pm have a walk around for 10 mins let him rest a bit and 2-45 take him out again for toilet and walk arounds our event starts at 3 and we have been moved up to third so just thought I would keep him walking unless it is to hot! If there is anything else I need please let me know... I am a super orgainsed person and hate the thought I might not take something of just not know that I would have needed it. Oh must go pack areoguard we have huge horse flies annoying the dogs and he gets really unfocused so that will not be good on the day.
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:01 am

looks like you have it all coverd GOOD LUCK with it all
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:06 am

Bluddy hell, you don't need anymore he will be fine I would give a bit of walk if anything to empty him out before the ring you do not want him taking a dump whilst competing. I wouldn't walk for all that time but stand close to the ring or sit near the ring until called watch the other triallers and enjoy it. Not too far off and don't over practice that can do just as much harm as not practising. Good luck I will be here in victoria cheering you on!!
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:15 am

Thanks. I know it seems like I am taking everything but it is getting really hot here and he is not good in the heat so keeping him cool is my main prority or he wont do anything. I have given him a few days off with yes the basics in general everyday things as we have been working very hard and he was getting bored. I will have a play with him this afternoon when it is cooler and maybe a few drops (our weakness) and leave it at that.
What ever happens tomorrow will happen and I am fine with that. I have also decided to do recall with out the lunge lead as a back up (going to make sure hubby shuts the grounds gates) to give him the chance of getting it right. I am not freaking out as much now I figure I was just getting him upset so have let it go. We will be having fun and I will post monday what happened as tomorrow will be a long day. Love to you all and thanks for the support. YOU ALL ROCK
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:45 pm

Can't wait till monday... will be here first thing in the morning to check the details.... go biscuit go!! Just breathe and you will be fine.... BEST of LUCK!!
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:37 pm

Update on Yesterday. Well after I nearly cried because the judge told me we would be ok....WE SUCKED. Frist off it was 31 degrees and our event was at 3pm. Biscuit refused to drop just stood there and stand for exam (which we are really good at) he moved a back leg (-2point) but I didn't realise I give him two commands which only gave us 4 out of 10 grrrrr (my fault) recall was wonderful even though he ran past me he came straight back and sat (no points but hay he came back without going out the ring so that is fantastic)sit stay was excellent until an ant crawled up his leg with about the last 10sec to go so he dropped to eat it off. Drop stay we got 20 out of 20 so I am so proud of him even when a jack russell walk out he stayed and the agility ring had the only dog that went physco all day at the same time as drop stay and he so wanted to go play wiht all his mussels tremering but god love him he stayed. We had 13 dogs in the class 2 got quallies and the rest were just as hopeless as us with there dogs not liking the heat. And if you add up the scores we got about 8th I think becasue we stayed and did the group stays were people withdrew because they werent going to get a qually, but I figured we were there to learn and group stays were part of that. I am glad the frist one is over and looking forward to the next one (will find one in the night time heheheheh nice and cool)
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:43 pm

Ah I am so glad this did not put you off. Your right it is experience and we all need it. Bluddy ants!! You did well to get 8th in the ring. He will learn do some ringcraft work with him at you club so that he knows he cannot misbehave within the ring. You can correct him at club. He did very well not to run over to the agility what a good boy. So looking forward to the next one had your first experience now for the next one. Don't leave it too long to enter again and good luck I will be with you all the way again cheering from Victoria.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:31 am

I am so proud of him reguardless. He is my poppett. I will be entering the next one we have which wont be until next year and I can only enter he at 2 places as they are the only ones who have there grounds fenced and I am not putting him at risk if he decides to play zoomies. But I am ok with that as I really only want to keep him occupied. We are also going to learn how to do body moitivation! And see if that will help him.
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:32 am

Good lets hope it all works out well for you and biscuit and perhaps then you can move to non fenced trials.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2