dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Chooks

+3
Yacket's Mum
Admin
Mali
7 posters

Go down

Our Chooks Empty Our Chooks

Post by Mali Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:39 am

For something different I wanted to show you my chooks. I have been feeding them a couple of times a day with bread soaked in water and they love it. Whilst they were eating their bread today I managed to get some photos of the girls and the one boy. I hope you like them, I love chooks and I love these birds they give so much pleasure and if I call them they all come running to me. Our Chooks P6221130All of them togetherOur Chooks P6221139Three fat hensOur Chooks P6221133Boris our rooster how he will ever get the girls I will never know he is going to need a ladder to get up there!! He is half their size. Our Chooks P6221149My favourite red hen I call Noela after my nurse she is bossy and loud and so is this girl told her today Noela (human) and she said I should have called it after myself...Our Chooks P6221153The only black chook we have and she is a beautiful girl. I love the sun on her her wings then show their green colour on them. I love black chooks. Our Chooks P6221165Our Chooks P6221134
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Our Chooks Empty Re: Our Chooks

Post by Admin Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:25 am

they look very healthy!!!
i love chooks there are cute and i love when they come when called Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:57 am

Don't they make you feel special... I love chooks/birds. Would love to have some here but I think I would be pushing my luck having Greyhounds! I would hate if they ever hurt one...
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Number of posts : 479

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:13 am

Yes they are wonderful. I dont think they would live long with the greyhounds but for that matter I have to keep mine away from them as well. They would love a fresh chicken dinner. It aint going to happen on my watch... they are very healthy they free range everyday over all the property and me feeding them bread a couple of times a day they are putting the weight on. My mum says fatten them up and kill them NO WAY they are pets never to be killed or eaten. At anyrate they are my babies and they are great to have around. 
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:33 pm

They are lovely looking birds.. Oh no you can't fatten them up for the pot..my grandad used to do that we used to love it at easter when he got the little chicks but by christmas they we all sold for chiristmas dinners..... Sad

Do you have lots of lovely free range eggs?
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1832

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:29 pm

We do get a few eggs and they are delicious I can tell you. But as it gets colder they lay less once the warm comes back they will go back on the lay.  Yeah I could not kill them the girls will stay here for the rest of their lives the rooster on the other hand well if he does not do his job he will go and a bigger bird will replace him. I would give him away as a pet bird not as eating. There would be nothing on him for a start.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:58 am

My theroy is YOU DON'T EAT aimals you have named they are pets!

Unless they are called Dinner Snack ect....lolololol...Only kidding NO EATING PETS....You don't see people fattening up there dog and eating them!
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Number of posts : 479

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:25 am

No true you might overseas... but not here. They are pets the eggs are a bonus. 
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:28 am

having a rooser though doesnt that mean the eggs are fertilized??? baby chicks??? i couldnt eat the eggs when a rooster is present
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:38 am

Nah they are okay the girls have to sit for fertilized eggs and none of them are clucky. So the eggs are just fine we ate some today for lunch. 
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboi Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:50 pm

Yummo, fresh egg's...yummm lol!
oldboi
oldboi
Chataholic