dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angel has a very itchy back

3 posters

Go down

Angel has a very itchy back Empty Angel has a very itchy back

Post by sharreem Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:22 pm

Angel hates the heat at the best of times. she got a rash under her back legs so I used malaseb and it cleared it up ...even know she is still scratching..No fleas just itchy skin. Now her back is so itchy she rolls around on her bed trying to scratch her back so much. She even only wants me to pat her back instead of her face getting patted... she just backs up to me instead of walking up to me.
Anyone got any suggestions for an itchy back??? Malaseb isnt working on her back... Her skin is not red or inflammed on her back but her hair has gone so coarse there from rubbing and scratching all the time. We have gone to the beach a few times thinking that the salt water might help it but she is still itchy... and yes I do wash the salt water off lol
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Angel has a very itchy back Empty Re: Angel has a very itchy back

Post by dogsshouldbedogs Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:02 am

Hi,

being the type of weather it is currently, fleas and insects are out in force! Even though your dog might not have a lot of fleas he/she could have 1 or 2 that are causing her/him distress. Thats all it takes it this type of conditions.

I use and love:

"Fido's Fre-Itch Pyrethrin Shampoo"

Fido's Pyrethrin Shampoo contains the natural insecticide pyrethrin for the control of fleas and ticks on puppies and kittens, cats and dogs. This product is soap free and can be used regularly as required

DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Wet the coat thoroughly with warm water and apply FIDO'S FRE-ITCH PYRETHRIN SHAMPOO at several places.

Work into a good lather and massage well into the coat.

Leave for 5 minutes, them rinse with clean warm water and dry thoroughly.

PRESENTATION:
Solution: 250mL

COMPOSITION:
Pyrethrins 1g/L, Piperonyl butoxide 10g/L.

DESCRIPTION:
A mild formulation which will not irritate even the most sensitive skins.

It has been especially prepared to clean, kill fleas, and produce a soft lustrous coat, and to reduce animal odours.

ACTIONS:
The natural pyrethrins, which have no anti-cholinesterase activity, act in insects by slowly closing the sodium channel activation gate causing hyperexcitation followed by convulsion and death.

They are synergised by piperonyl butoxide, which has a minor repellant action in its own right.

WARNINGS:
In paralysis tick areas daily examination of dogs and cats is desirable.

May cause dribbling and unsteady gait in cats.

If one or both occur wipe off excess product and contact a veterinarian.

try it out it is quite cheap too!

dogsshouldbedogs

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:20 am

yes I have used the fidos products before. They have a spray as well. she does have a flea allergy but she gets sentinel every month and a capstar everytime someones dog comes to visit.. Its damm annoying for the poor girl. all she does when ever she sees me is looks at her back to say...yes mum thats where it itches.
I will give the shampoo ago just incase there is one little rascle on her. thanks
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:11 pm

Hey just tried neem soap on her... stopped the itch straight away!!!!! worth recommending to everyone!!!
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by dogsshouldbedogs Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:14 am

neem soap... what ingredients does this have, willing to try all different products? Smile

dogsshouldbedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:34 pm

the one i have contains palm, coconut oil, neem leaf, soda lye no colour or fragrance.... its for people with soriasis and eczma . It was reccommended to me to put the soap into a stocking sock as it could waste when running it under a tap. the sock keeps the product together.

Also i have not tried these products but I was a the eumindi markets on the weekend and spoke to a lady who owns a naturapetics company www.naturapetics.com.au and she told me to try her products also. Her products also contain neem and you can buy them online so I will be looking into this also.
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by dogsshouldbedogs Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:25 am

Products look great!! Would you recommend the soap or the shampoo and conditioner? How long does the soap last for, I imagine not too long?

dogsshouldbedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:59 pm

I have only tried the sop but will be ordering the shampoo and spray to try. she has stopped itching just with the soap so i am very impressed. the soap will last a few washes but as i have two dogs it wont take long to use up.
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by LeasyPetGroomer Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:56 am

Hey, sorry I didnt read all the replys someone might have said the same thing but I'm guessing maybe dry skin? if not even just to smooth the coat I use Aloveen shampoo and Aloveen leave in conditioner or fidos oatmeal shampoo both help sooth the skin otherwise visit a pet shop and they can give you advice and point you in the right direction (most of the time), saves going to the vet but if all fails it could be an allergic reaction making her itch?

All the best in finding the solution =)
LeasyPetGroomer
LeasyPetGroomer

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down