dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

very worried

+2
sharreem
Beth<3
6 posters

Go down

very worried Empty very worried

Post by Beth<3 Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:11 am

Spiderman our devon rex cat it very ill Sad Sad Sad

About 2 days ago he started to hack like he had a hairball. We left him to it as we thought he would bring it up ...He didnt.

Today he was really unwell dehydrated vomiting and lethargic. We rushed him to the vet, and the vet doesn't have a clue as to what is going on. He has no temp, He has not got a sensitve gut, There isnt anything cought in his throught. He was how ever very dehydrated.

The vet gave him fluids and different antibiotics to see if it helps over night.

Just wondering if any body has had this problem with there cats he is strictly an indoor cat if that helps.

keep you finger crossed guys he doesn't look well very worried about our little guy very worried 363516
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

very worried Empty Re: very worried

Post by sharreem Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:58 am

poor baby.. give him a cuddle from me!!
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:21 am

thanks sharreem i will he is sleeping now Sad hope he gets over what ever this is soon i would hate to loose him he is only 1 yr old.
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:23 am

AW, hope he's feeling better soon...
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by yummy-mummy29 Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:25 am

HELLO,

I once had a female cat who i loved to death..... she had a litter of kittens and started to bring snakes inside, after all the kittens went she went missing for 2days.... she came home very skinny and ill.... she had the same symptoms. we took her to the vet and they took a scan, she had all pus and liquid in her lungs and had to have a huge operation $1200 worth, it was only a small chance she would survive,i lived with my parents and we all decided that we could afford the money and put her to sleep the next day.. after she was put to sleep we were then informed that she wouldn't have mad it threw the surgery... in a way i glad we didn't pay the money but in a way i wish that we did just so i could say at least i tried to help her.... she was a beautiful Australian spotted mist ( i think that it ) and her name was misty.... she produced us 6 beautiful kittens, that were all fluffy and long hair like there daddy... they all found loving homes....
i miss her very much and i hope that your cat will make it threw xox

yummy-mummy29

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:10 pm

I have never heard of this... try the cat world forum there are tons of cataholics there and they may have more of an idea. I hope this helps and I hope you kitty recovers soon.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:24 am

Well after weeks of worry he started to look better the vet gave him Antibiotics(sp) and we thought he was all better. Then about About 3 days before xmas he started to hack again we gave him hair ball stuff we where positive that was what was going on.
This monring when my mom got home from work"i was sleeping" she found a very smelly strage looking Vomite(sp) on closer inspection ther was a 1m lomg Yo Yo string in it.

WOW i has to have been spider man he is back to normal full of life.

we have no idea how he swollowed that but we are happy he is better. we are going to take him to the vet to make sure that was the real issue.

We are all realived. Thanks to you all for the kind words.
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:00 am

That's amazing!! Hope it came up with no damage! glad he's feeling better!!
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:36 pm

That is fantastic news... hope that was the only problem and the vet gives him the all clear. What a relief.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:52 pm

Thank Goodness, please now pray for my kittie, she has major dental probs. This just in (from the hubby! news flash! Panic , everyone! ) We are almost out of oil! Must call oil co. !! Now Goodnight! Kittie news later..
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:28 pm

Out of oil not a good thing in  your winter!! Let us know how you kitty goes with his or her teeth they can be a major problem to everyone. Good luck. Oh and I hope you got your oil!! Expensive way of heating!!
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:39 pm

OIL??? lol bring on the aircon!!!! lol Its been so warm here Lorie oh well looks like another beach day
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:18 am

I am sooooo jealous at this moment.! Razz
Husband read the gauge wrong, still, had an eight tank, getting a delivery today along with a snow srorm. Oh, Joy..
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:42 pm

All clear he is back to normal no more problems Very Happy ,

yes it has been very hot here 35 here atm aircon is on Razz
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:40 am

Thank god its been cool here very cool I hate the heat and I cannot wait for summer to be over. So far so good it has been the coolest December for seven years.  Snow storms do not sound good at all. Lori never let a man do a woman's job you should know that by now. How long you been married?? Just joking....
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:13 am

Cooler day here today than it has been the last few days thank goodness. didnt need aircon today
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:24 am

Good news, Beth! It's amazing what those kitties will swallow..
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:25 pm

Speaking of weather we have had a very cool summer thank god I hate the heat. But its going to be warm over the next few days then back to cool and the first month of summer is over only two more to go and counting down I tell you. 
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:12 am

Counting down UNTIL it's warm again! Laughing
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:30 pm

We are all counting down until it is cooler....lol.....I love the cold hate the heat....Easier to get warm than cold....My greyhounds love the winter to cause they have polar fleece body suit jammies and they love them and they look cute...Can't wait for Biscuit to fit into his this year he will look very handsome.
Yacket's Mum
Yacket's Mum

Number of posts : 479

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:50 pm

I can understand your excitment for the warmer weather Lorie it has been a bitter winter in the states. Hopefully the next two months will go by quickly and the jammies sound wonderful. Since moving to the bush I am going to buy my two jammies they will need them I think particularly hilary.  So we all say bring on the cool!!
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum