dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Husky Mistakes Newborn for Stuffed Animal, Killing Her

3 posters

Go down

Husky Mistakes Newborn for Stuffed Animal, Killing Her Empty Husky Mistakes Newborn for Stuffed Animal, Killing Her

Post by Admin Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:28 am

WARREN, Ohio — A newborn baby has died in northeast Ohio after being attacked by the family dog as she was lying in a bassinet, police said.

The 3-day-old girl suffered bite marks and scratches and was pronounced dead Monday at Forum Health Trumbull Memorial Hospital, Warren Township Police Lt. Don Bishop said. Police believe the husky mistook the child for a stuffed animal.

Bishop said the infant's father left the room briefly and discovered the attack when he returned.

Fire Chief Kenneth Schick said the baby was in full cardiac arrest when the rescue squad arrived.

The animal was taken by the Trumbull County dog warden.

Police are investigating the accident. The family's name has not been released.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,426521,00.html

r.i.p little girl,your life was so short but im sure you will be dearly missed Sad
i dont blame the father!i think if he didnt trust his dog he wouldnt have left the baby alone with it!but i guess it just proves they were wild animals at one stage and you never no when or what they can do! Crying or Very sad
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Husky Mistakes Newborn for Stuffed Animal, Killing Her Empty Re: Husky Mistakes Newborn for Stuffed Animal, Killing Her

Post by Mali Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:22 pm

That is just awful poor baby girl and poor dog. A tragic accident.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Husky Mistakes Newborn for Stuffed Animal, Killing Her Empty Re: Husky Mistakes Newborn for Stuffed Animal, Killing Her

Post by Al Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:34 am

The poor father. I really feel for him deeply.

It just goes to show that infants should never be left unsupervised with any dog no matter how trustworthy. It is too much of a risk to the infant and to the dog. The husky will likely be euthenased.

An absolute tragedy. RIP baby girl.

Al

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:52 am

Of course the husky will be put to sleep... which is another tragedy in itself. Yes dad must be feeling awful about it. But this is just a tragic accident.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum