dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

did you know

+2
Admin
Beth<3
6 posters

Go down

did you know Empty did you know

Post by Beth<3 Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:23 am

OK, did you know 140450
we all know about shelters for dogs and cats that need to find there forever home.
However did you all know that small animals like mice, rats, and guinea pigs get left out in the cold and dumped also?
Just because they are small doesn't mean that they are easy pets and can be disregarded right?
Well here are two links to some very good shelters here in QLD.

http://www.australiancavysanctuary.com/aboutus.htm
This site has sancturies all over Brisbane and will send guinea pigs interstate to the correct owners.

There is also Brisbane rat rescue that at the moment the link will not work..... will post it when it does. I got my two rats from here and they are much healthier than the ones found in petshops that come from backyard breeders.

Any way if you have any Questions about either of the shelter ill be happy to help.

And don't worry if you live some where else in Australia i am sure if you give the shelter a call or email they will be happy to assit you in finding a shelter in you area.

Sorry i am rambelling i just fell that we need to spread the word "WHY buy when animals in shelters die?" and that goes for all animals big and small.
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

did you know Empty Re: did you know

Post by Admin Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:33 am

that is so right beth!
i think alot of people dont think or relise that there is little tiny pets that get dumped!
all animals desirve a chance but i never new that there was a rescue for rats or mice etc
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Post by fatrats Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:09 am

Hello! There is also a Rat Rescue here in Perth called Perth Rat Rescue and Rehab, find their website here -> http://www.prrr.org/ they are such lovely people!! we had a male rat with a 'dead' leg we couldn't keep as all our rats were girls and they took him ('limpy') in and even give me updates on his health etc.

so let your pals know if they need to buy supplies they can do so and support this group at the same time! http://www.prrr.org/
fatrats
fatrats

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:37 am

http://furry.org.au/brisrats/ that is for the brisbane rat rescue.
Thank fatrats ill take a look at what they have Very Happy
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:44 am

Yes I was well aware of these animals needing homes. Far too many in my opinion.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:42 pm

I would love to start a guinea pig rescue in Perth,have been thinking of it for ages,as I always have had g/pigs,any one else interested in Perth want to help me?
bubblesbaby
bubblesbaby

Number of posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:34 am

greeat idea bubbles baby i live in QLD sorry but i am sure if you email other shelters they will give you a hand in starting something up. Fat rats gave a site for a rat rescue i am sure they would be happy to help you out.

It is nice to see more peole interested in animal welfare.
good luck. Laughing
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:11 am

Thanks beth,yeah might wait a while,as have a baby now,but one day it would be great to help these lovely pets.but if anyone else is interested,as you say fat rat,could maybe help each other out,to ease the load,and save some nice pets.
bubblesbaby
bubblesbaby

Number of posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JazzGrl~ Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:43 am

WOW beth, this is a good and knowlege topic.
Wish you got many of this topic!
~JazzGrl~
~JazzGrl~

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum