dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing......

3 posters

Go down

Introducing...... Empty Introducing......

Post by sharreem Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:45 pm

Introducing...... Malibu Ok this is malibu I got her when she was 18months old she is now in her late twenties. She now lives at the riding for disabled teaching disabled kids to ride. She is a 1st cross quater horse.

Introducing...... Kahn This is Sharreem Kahn yes sharreem this is how I got my name. I bought him as an unbroken colt at 5years old. I broke him in and trained him well. He is a 3/4 arab cross quarterhorse and I got him registered as an Australian saddle pony hence my stud name sharreem. I leased him out to a young girl who he taught to ride ( she is now a jockey and won the Emerites stakes on Tears I cry) I then sold him to a a young girl who has won many state championships on him.

Introducing...... Caspba This is Uhavta Foxy Cass (caspba for short) He is a black quater horse who I saddly had to put down 3 years ago at 26 years old. I purchased him from Melbourne and he was the best little jumper I have owned.

Introducing...... Molly This is Oh Golly Miss Molly (molly for short) I bought her as a 3 year old off the track and trained her for 3 day eventing. I sold her when I was pregnant with my first daughter as she needed to be worked hard every day to get her to where she is today.

I hope you liked my big babies. i miss them all so much but sadly because of having twins and a toddler it was impossible to watch 3 children and work horses at the same time. I have kept most of my gear but I dont think any of it will be needed as my 3 girls are all dancers.
They get to ride horses at my hubbys cousins place where we sent caspba before he died.
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Introducing...... Empty Re: Introducing......

Post by sharreem Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:53 pm

wow looking at my old photos seems a life time ago!!! Those hoses were my life When I married my husband I told him if he wants me he has to have my animals as well lol
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:05 pm

They are beautiful Lesa they really are I love that photo of you jumping in cross country what an awesome shot. Cross country has to be one of my all time favourite sports to watch I just love it. Thanks for sharing I bet you miss your babies. But your going to have your hands full again very soon. 
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:21 pm

Yes cross country was my passion. thie is the only photo I have of a ODE ( one day event) I took caspba to quite a few and we were in the open group (tha was the biggest jumps) ut he used to rush the bush jumps. he was good at the dressage and show jumping but got carried away with the crossountry and was a bit scarey to ride them..( he like to rush at the jumps and they are made solid not to fall down ) so thas why i bough Molly. She was fresh off the track and had no sense what soever. I took alt of taining o get her to were I had her.
The funniest falls I ever had off her was at a water jump. she was flowing along nicely when all of a sudden she stoped and I kept going. It was like fred flinstone sliding down a dinasaurs neck lol
I didnt get wet though I just hung on and hung around her neck lol.
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:56 am

What a sight to see that one!! Yes I have seen other competitors do that one as well.  
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:36 pm

OMG WOW they are beatiful.. wish i had the time and room for a horse i just settle for riding at the local trail .
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:38 pm

The biggest problem keeping horses is the cost It used to cost me $150-$200 a week in feed then you have their feet every six weeks and worming then the cost of entry for comps and travel. It is not a cheap sport
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:39 pm

No it is not just ask my next door neighbour they have six horses and they cost a fortune!! 
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:08 pm

OMG 6..........

would cost more now due to the drought everybody has to do more hard feeds as there is just not enough grass.....

May mate spends $300 on the hard feeds alone a week that isnt including the hay......

And she only has 2!!!!!!......

But if i think about it i probably spend close to that on food for all our pets LOL....
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:28 am

Yes I heard just a bale of hay at the moment is around $22 I used to buy it for $5 for prime lucerne not grassy. I went through 4 or 5 of these a week and that as just snack food
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:27 am

OMG we get grass hay for the guinea pigs.. and it used to be 8 bucks a bale and is now 15........ STUPID LACK OF RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:13 am

i bought a biscuit of hay for the pigies the other day and paid $8 what a rip off
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:43 pm

Yep hay is not cheap at the moment damn drought!! $300 on pet food wow!! That is my weekly budget including rent bills and food etc. 
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:50 am

OMG really ..... we go through food like nothing ever before HAHA.....

wel with 8 dogs, 4 cats. birds parrots, guine pigs, rats, snake, so yeh ... LOL
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum