dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter Wonderland Here In The Goldfields

+3
lorie
oldboi
Mali
7 posters

Go down

Winter Wonderland Here In The Goldfields Empty Winter Wonderland Here In The Goldfields

Post by Mali Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:42 pm

For those that live inland in victoria you will know the last couple of nights have been particularly cold and icy. When I got up this morning just after seven am the farm looked like a winter wonderland so I took some shots. Hope you like them welcome to the icy goldfields.

Winter Wonderland Here In The Goldfields P6191123
Looking up the back paddock to round yard, dressage arena

Winter Wonderland Here In The Goldfields P6191122
House across the street sitting in a frozen landscape. At least the horses have their rugs on they belong here they are just over there as lawnmowers.

Winter Wonderland Here In The Goldfields P6191119
Ice on the cars it was a good centimetre thick.

Winter Wonderland Here In The Goldfields P6191117
over the valley across the road

Winter Wonderland Here In The Goldfields P6191118

Winter Wonderland Here In The Goldfields P6191114
Donkeys across the road

Winter Wonderland Here In The Goldfields P6191111
Looking over towards Grenville/Garabaldi

Winter Wonderland Here In The Goldfields P6191112

Winter Wonderland Here In The Goldfields P6191110
Out my front door.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Winter Wonderland Here In The Goldfields Empty Re: Winter Wonderland Here In The Goldfields

Post by oldboi Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:20 am

Wow that's great scenery eh.
But unfortunately that would be far tooo cold for me Winter Wonderland Here In The Goldfields 144981
oldboi
oldboi
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 773

Back to top Go down

Winter Wonderland Here In The Goldfields Empty Re: Winter Wonderland Here In The Goldfields

Post by lorie Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:46 am

Beautiful when it's SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!
Just got done with all that, thank god!
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:05 pm

Yes oldboi my sister lives in Mandurah she would say the same. Lori we don't get the snow like you. Just frosts and with the frosts come the beautiful days.  
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:00 pm

Wow It is hard to get my head round that ...I just think of Australia as sun..sun..sun...

Beautiful pictures just hope that you have a really good fire going...
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1832

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:31 pm

No not all the time Liz it gets cold we are inland and it is colder here than near the coast. Winter still has it's beauty and the ice everywhere was lovely.  We still get sunshine in winter though and that is a real plus. 
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:30 pm

It just seems strange that you are talking about your winter when we are just into our summer...
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:40 pm

even with out the ice its still to cold here some nights!! i pitty the blue mountains that got snow (use to live up there it was bloody cold)
at least in the hunter valley it aint freesing or nothing but it does the job lol
great place u have there mini
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:43 pm

The hunter valley is beautiful. I have a very good friend in Calga just outside of Gosford and when I go and visit her I fly into Williamtown Airport. Then drive down its just beautiful up that way.  I would expect the blue mountains to be freezing for sure.  Liz it is weird that summer is there and winter here. But our summers are HOT HOT HOT and I am glad that it is winter I am not a summer person. 
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:20 pm

give me a QLD winter anytime lol we had the heaters on the other night because it got down to 18 degrese lol. sorry i like being warm... not too hot but just right. spring time is my favourite
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:16 am

Spring time is lovely 18 degrees that is getting okay here!!  It is what your used to I guess I just can't stand the humidity up there. That is what gets me. 
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:59 am

yes i hate the humidity too
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:53 am

wow,gourgous pics mini,and I live in Mandurah too just like your sis!!
i would love qld sharreem,its going to be the coldest night of the year in WA tonight,its freezin already!!my hubbys a truck driver works niteshift,so hes out in it tonight,delivering milk.who here has there dogs inside,as I was havin Milly in,she loves sleepin with my son,but the new one poohs inside sometimes,so have to have em out in the patio in there kennel,poor babies!! Sleep :cute76: Winter Wonderland Here In The Goldfields 624388 :puppy97: Very Happy
bubblesbaby
bubblesbaby

Number of posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:33 am

i hate summer here
summer just gone was terrible
i spent 99% on the fore shore of newcastle at the beach
the sand was to hot to walk on but omg i drunk so much water i went thro the maccas drive thro 5 times in one day just to get water and ice lol
oh horrible i reacon i will leave oz next summer
it was just to HOT HOT HOT Sad

I CANT STAND THE HEAT,SWEAT,STRESS OF KIDS WINGEING
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

SPRING IS MY FAV TIME Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:58 pm

I think then that our weather is just right not to hot and not that bad in winter.... This year tho has been the coldest for years..

But I must admit the spring time is my fav too it's so good to see things coming back to life in the garden that have been asleep all the winter..

It was the summer solstice last night and a lot of people went to Stonehenge I have promised myself I would go one year

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/090621a.shtml
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:44 pm

What part of mandurah are you bubblesnbaby my sister is in Erskine Park she has been there for almost four years now. She loves it.  I am hoping to get over there in the next year to see it for myself and part of the Western Australian coastline.  Stonehenge that would be an interesting place to visit.  Sounds good. 
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:42 am

Smile hi mini,hey i dont know the stonhenges,sorry what is it,plz?
I am in Singleton which is north of Mandurah heading towards Perth way,your sis is south,I was right in Mandurah till one year ago moved out here,have been in the area for 5 years now,it is nice but busy,but suppose its like that in a lot of places.
bubblesbaby
bubblesbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi Bubbles here is a little bit of information about Stonehenge.. Smile

Stonehenge , a group of standing stones on Salisbury Plain, Wiltshire, S England. Preeminent among megalithic monuments in the British Isles, it is similar to an older and larger monument at Avebury . The great prehistoric structure is enclosed within a circular ditch 300 ft (91 m) in diameter, with a bank on the inner side, and is approached by a broad roadway called the Avenue. Within the circular trench the stones are arranged in four series: The outermost is a circle of sandstones about 13.5 ft (4.1 m) high connected by lintels; the second is a circle of bluestone menhirs ; the third is horseshoe shaped; the innermost, ovoid. Within the ovoid lies the Altar Stone. The Heelstone is a great upright stone in the Avenue, northeast of the circle.

It was at one time widely believed that Stonehenge was a druid temple, but this is contradicted by the fact that the druids probably did not arrive in Britain until c.250 BC In 1963 the American astronomer Gerald Hawkins theorized that Stonehenge was used as a huge astronomical instrument that could accurately measure solar and lunar movements as well as eclipses. Hawkins used a computer to test his calculations and found definite correlations between his figures and the solar and lunar positions in 1500 BC However, as a result of the development of calibration curves for radiocarbon dates, Stonehenge is now believed to have been built in several stages between c.3000 and c.1500 BC, with the main construction completed before 2000 BC Excavation and testing in 2008 established a date of between 2400 and 2200 BC for the erection of the bluestones. Some archaeologists objected to Hawkins's theory on the basis that the eclipse prediction system he proposed was much too complex for the Early Bronze Age society of England.

Most archaeologists agree, however, that Stonehenge was used to observe the motions of the moon as well as the sun. Research by the archaeologist Alexander Thom, based on the careful mapping of hundreds of megalithic sites, indicates that the megalithic ritual circles were built with a high degree of accuracy, requiring considerable mathematical and geometric sophistication. More recent speculation on the Neolithic ceremonial and cultural functions of Stonehenge has included its possible use as a center for healing and as a burial ground for a local ruling family.

bet you wished you hadn't asked now... Laughing
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:25 am

ok,thankyou,yes,um, Shocked whats that got to do with WA? Smile
by the way I do see what you mean,about the talking thing,wow!!! Razz
bubblesbaby
bubblesbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:04 am

Good you figured it out.... 
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:23 am

oh,cheeky!! Very Happy lol
bubblesbaby
bubblesbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:38 pm

Yep you should know me by now!!
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum