dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unsure

5 posters

Go down

Unsure Empty Unsure

Post by Beth<3 Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:45 am

hey everybody..

I went to "" Rolling Eyes work experience yesterday at the dog grooming salon near our place.....
I had a blast washing blowdrying and brushing all the different dogs but i couldn't belive the people.
While Katie and myself bathed dogs i herd an almighty thud.. and a lady yelling at the dog katie said that she get frustrated with the dogs alot.. i peeped round the corner and she hit the dog.. and i dont mean a tap on the nose she really hit the little thing.. i said nothing as they probablywould have told me to mind my own bees wax. when i bathed the same dog i found him to be fearfull of things but not naughty he never growled snarled or acted agresssive and i dont think she had any right to hit sombody eleses dog like she did.

So what i would like to know is if anybody here has had the same experience.. are all big grooming salons like this ??? i was so glad to get out but feel sorry for the dogs.

thanks
Emma
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

Unsure Empty Re: Unsure

Post by Admin Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:59 am

maybe you could have pulled the owner aside and just told them quitely!!?
i think no one should hit anyone elses dog no matter who they are what they do or what the dog does to them!!
if they cant handle a dog or get frustrated with them well they should work with them at all or own them!!
sorry i cant give advice but its bloody wrong what this person did

and i bet the owners will wonder why the dog is a bit fearful of certain things
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Post by target_love Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:48 am

Aboslutely! Disgusting on all levels! No one should beat an animal.
If she isn't the management I would tell the manager about it.
Or I would see if she does it again and try and film it on your camera phone or something. Then report her to the RSPCA, she will definately be charged, also if the other girl should be witness to it also. Or Even ring up the RSPCA and report it yourself Anomymously (sp?) and they should investigate it, but you both being there and properly a few other fellow employees have seen something the more people report it the better chances she should be charged.

Gosh! Really fowl that someone can do that to a poor animal, even if it was her dog, no one should hit an animal under any circumstances (unless trying to defend ones self from attack or your own dog/pet)
target_love
target_love

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:43 am

yeh i know i was horrified..... if you dont have the patience don't work with animals
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:10 am

Target is well, right on target.. report this to anyone and everyone..

I would never, EVER hit someones dog while grooming!!!!!!! I have my share if wigglies, shy dogs who need PATIENCE Not a slap!! If I didn't have that i would not be a groomer..Most of my clients come trotting thru the door with tails held high, I'm proud of that...

If an owner wants to stay, I let them, so they can see I have nothing to hide..my table is visable...for anyone to see..

I wouldn't even hit my own dog,, even when I catch her snacking in the litter box!!

Are there dogs I'd LIKE to smack?? No, not even that because they are part of the job. For someone to do that means they have ne patience or self confidence and shouldn't be grooming at all. Please report them.. Mad
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:52 pm

This is totally unacceptable and I would report it as well. Not good enough and if it were my dog I would have really let her had it. There is no excuse big enough to hit my dog in such a way.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:49 pm

Yeh i will go and talk to the rspca today while we get more kitty litter i am not sure if it will help but atleast their name will be out there....

I am 100% sure i will not be learning there. They seemed so nice when i first met the ladies and then well i saw their true colours.
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:00 pm

Word of mouth soon gets around you will be fine... and you will learn with a more reputable groomer.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum