dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why was the thread locked??? did the dog die???

+3
Admin
Beth<3
sharreem
7 posters

Go down

why was the thread locked??? did the dog die??? Empty why was the thread locked??? did the dog die???

Post by sharreem Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:42 am

??? dont understand why it is locked... is he no longer with us???
poor pup!!!
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

why was the thread locked??? did the dog die??? Empty Re: why was the thread locked??? did the dog die???

Post by Beth<3 Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:45 am

yeh i dont get it either explanation??????
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

why was the thread locked??? did the dog die??? Empty Re: why was the thread locked??? did the dog die???

Post by Admin Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:24 am

why was the thread locked??? did the dog die??? 363516 why was the thread locked??? did the dog die??? 845801 requested by the poster!!!
this poor boy was pts Sad

sorry guys but was requested to lock or delete it so i locked it so future members could see this lovly boy!! RIP LIL FELLOW
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:39 pm

Thats fair enough rest in peace little one fly free to the bridge unfortunately there are not enough homes for all. Gods speed.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:49 pm

oh thts sad why was the thread locked??? did the dog die??? 363516 at least he is happy now
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:17 pm

It is very sad, but its a valuable lesson learnt unless you can provide puppies with new homes that are forever please do not breed desex your pets. Too many unwanted dogs and cats in this world that unfortunately did not ask to be born nor to die. Sorry I shall remove myself from the soapbox now.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:19 pm

yes its sad but there just isnt enough funding or room for every single one of these animals! Sad
maybe had temperament issues???? who no's but no animal is asked to born or to be unwanted Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:37 pm

Your right unfortunately there is not and endless supply of money coming in for rescues and on ongoing expenses.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:13 am

Please don't feel the need to apologise for being up on your soap box minifoxies because all you are doing is telling it how it is. Very Happy

Dogs with temp issues make up only a small percentage of dogs euthenased. Tens of thousands (i think the figure annually is in excess of 200,000) of beautiful natured dogs and puppies are euthenised each year in Australian pounds.

This problem is not only the responsibility of the pound system but as dog lovers it is important for us to get the message out that people need to desex their pets and realise before taking on the responsibility of a dog that it is a 10+ year comitment. I understand that peoples circumstances can change and sometimes a dog has to be rehomed but you only have to see some of the internet buying and selling sites to see so many dogs being pushed from pillar to post and pimped out to make yet another litter.

Sadly, Grange was only one of the many that were put to sleep that day.

Thanks for putting up with my little rant but I know I am among other dog lovers so I hope that is ok? It just makes me really sad.

Al

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:04 am

:doggy765: I agree,well said,Al.but also agree thwt the ones who are put down cos of temp issues is good,as I have been to a few dog pounds/dog homes were the dogs are in cages,but would eat you if given half the chance,on a resont visit to a local dog shelter I had my little boy with me,and i was shocked to see three of the long term bigger dogs in ther hated kids,they were trying to get at my son,just whilewe walked past there kenell,and i quickly left not wanting a dog from there ever!but i would hate to think if some adult did save em what would happen if the dog got out or away from owner at a park,i worry about this wen out walking with my kids.
bubblesbaby
bubblesbaby

Number of posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:02 am

I agree bubblesbaby. Any pound or rescue that would try to rehome a human aggressive dog is unethical in my opinion and are doing all the nice natured dogs and dog rescue in general a gross disservice.

Unfortunately, people sometimes get dogs, give them minimal or no training, interaction or boundaries until they end up unmanagable or aggressive and rather than take responsibility for the problem they have created and have the dog put to sleep themselves they take the easy option and dump it at the pound.

Al

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:45 am

Unfortunately being a foster carer over the years of the five I fostered only two got through due to temperament issues. Unfortunately its a cold hard fact you cannot rehome unstable dogs. Your more than welcome to get on your soap box my heart breaks when I go onto various sites that I visit all those beautiful dogs. As a previous breeder and I was going to breed foxies until I seen how many were in the pounds and I am not about to do that again. My next foxie if I get one will be a pound dog I want to rescue a soul not send one off. I never believed in mandatory desexing but I do believe this would be a good thing in the long run. However for those that are on low and limited incomes I think the desexing should be subsidised for these people. In america the ASPCA have spay and neuter clinics that are free. I for one would be sending people to them left right and centre. I recently paid for my friends dog to be desexed and would do so again no worries. My Hilary is off to be done in december no babies for her she is going to be a doona dog not a breeding dog. She will never know the difference. Yep I am beginning to see the wood for the trees and mandatory desexing is the way to go.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:59 am

Totally agree desexing all the way.

I dont think that breeding of all pure breeds should stop if they are registerd i think they can breed. I dont think we should loose any breeds.
I do however totally disagree with back yard breeding and cross breeding. All dogs that are adopted or sold SHOULD be desexed. I am Sick of Dogs paying for peole mistakes. why was the thread locked??? did the dog die??? 845801
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:10 am

It's the same situation here... and now, with the economy people are losing their houses and giving up their pets,, lots of horses are being given up too.. Rescues are having to turn them away just tooo many.. Crying or Very sad
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:08 am

well when i rescued the rotty girl from the pound (the one that had pups and died) i wished they desexed her,or vet check ups for her!!
she would have never had the pups if she did and that would have been less dogs out there
she had 11 pups all up but because she died the day after only 1 survived!we lost a pup every few days,even with vet check ups every week or when ever i noticed one feeling ill but in the end only 1 survived Sad
if they desexed her or had vet check ups with the pound then we could have stopped these babys from dying the way they did! Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:11 pm

So right and so true. Such a shame that innocent puppies have to die. As with their parents.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum