dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good bye My Ebony Jane

3 posters

Go down

Good bye My Ebony Jane Empty Good bye My Ebony Jane

Post by sharreem Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:25 pm

Ebony was born on the 17th July 1995 and came into my life 6 weeks later as a wedding present from a dear friend. She was our first child together as a married couple. She enjoyed being a single child until 9 months later a human child came into our lives. Ebony became her protector lying next to her gently on her own mat each day while she was little then as she grew helping her up when she learnt how to walk. Even swan in my water pool together splashing each other. two and a half years later two more human children came into her life and she became their protector too. She had a busy few years with 3 little ones helping them dig in the sand pit and play every day.She got to go down and play in the stables every day digging in the sawdust until we all moved house into the suburbs.While we were packing Ebony got a tick. We didnt know and being busy with the move didnt do the regular check on her that we did every day. she wobbled into the kitchen and slid over. I rushed her to the vet straight away and she was saved. she was a very lucky girl! The kids were 5 and 2 in this new house and they would take her to the beach every day and walk her. She would watch them swim in the ocean making sure they didnt go to deep and if they did she would swim out to them and push them back to shore.
When she was 8 we got a friend for ebony called sooty(a kelpie) as the kids were all at school by then and she was lonely. this friend ended up being a foe and brutaly attacked ebony tearing her neck to pieces so the next day sooty went to live at a farm as ebony was more impotant to us than sooty. We went for a drive as a family the day after and bought a lovely little Labrador pup that we knew wouldnt hurt our ebony. We called her angel. So ebony was 10years old and had this annoying pup biting her legs all day. she put up with this and never growled at angel for hurting her. they grew together as friends but ebony would not play with angel rough. she was very gentle with her only when we threw the ball would eb bark at angel to say its my turn! When ebony was 12 she got pancreanitis and was in hospital for a week. she was a very sick girl from eating sausages scraps from our dinner. It cost us $1800 but she was worth every cent as she was our first child. At home angel stopped eating as she was fretting for her ebony. when ebony got home angel was so happy to she her and was very gentle to her friend as she knew she was sick. Ebony went on a special diet and i learnt never to give my dogs fatty food our supermarket quality food ever again. Angel had two litters of pups and on the second litter we decided that as ebony was 14 years old we better keep a pup as we didnt think she would live much more. Ebony also had a large tumour under her neck ( we suspect it was the same place where sooty had atacked her) the tumour was not maligment but did grow to the size of a baseball. In May this year ebonys tumour burst and because it was so big no skin covered it. It was not cosmetically pleasing to look at but the vet told us it wasnt hurting her. Our pup goldie turned 1 in July and Ebony still lived on.. there goes that theory that we would loose ebony while the pup was little! on the 2nd week of september this year ebony started feeling old. she could no longer hear and was nearly fully bling. she would follow me everywhere as her security. last week her neck got infected and I knew it was her time. She started having fits and it was a very hard week for me. On the 24th september I saw a friend online who didnt know ebony. I asked her if she could make the call to the vet and pick her up and take her to beput down. I cried so much and so did the kids now 14 and 11. Ebony was a big part of our family and will never be forgotten. RIP my Ebony Jane 17/07/1995-24/09/2010.xxxxxooooooxxxxxxx Sad
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Good bye My Ebony Jane Empty Re: Good bye My Ebony Jane

Post by lorie Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:53 pm

Sharem, I haven't been on her in so long, I am so sorry about Ebony. It sounds like her life was full of love and happiness. RIP Ebony. Crying or Very sad
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:46 am

yes Thanks Lorie, Looks like a ghost town on here! Oh well it was good while it lasted, just had to put ebonys memory somewhere so here was as good as any. She was a well loved part of our family!
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:49 pm

Oh sorry to hear about Ebony but it looks like she had a full and happy life.. RIP Ebony Jane..run free until you see your human family again...
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1832

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down