Dog needs fattening

Go down

Dog needs fattening

Post by bubblesbaby on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:29 pm

Has anyone got a good idea on fattening a skinny dog?my ex pound dog is not eating much,I have tried a few different things,but she is not putting on much weight,any ideas? pale
bubblesbaby

Number of posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Re: Dog needs fattening

Post by Admin on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:41 pm

more feedings!!!
are you just giving him 1 or 2 big feeds a day?
if so try feeding him smaller feeds more often!!
and what are you feeding him?
has he been wormed latley?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby on Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:05 pm

Thanks,yeah been given lots n lots,all day,but most of it going to waste,been wormed,tried chicken mince and rice,bones,dog roll and biscuits,scraps
bubblesbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:52 pm

Try pasta mixed in its a great filler... Wish my dogs had the skinny problem though lol! Mine seem to be on a diet most times

Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:54 pm

on zanders skinny days i give him all sorts of stuff pasta rice etc

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:38 pm

will try pasta,my other dogs tubby,spose its the dog,milly the skinny one is a slender dog,i love them tubby!!
bubblesbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Al on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:13 am

Hi bubblesbaby. Try googling satin balls. There are variations on the recipe but all pretty much help a dog fill out.

They may look quite cute tubby but like us humans it is not good for them; it justs puts more pressure on their joints and organs.

If you like them tubby your dog may actually already be a healthy weight. You could always pop into your local vet and ask.
Being their guardians, we should try to do what is in their best interests and keep them as happy and healthy as possible and keeping them at a healthy weight is a great start.

Good on you for rescuing a poundie. cheers
All the best.

Al

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:50 am

thanks for that Al,will look in to that,try n get a recipe of the net,yes,your right not good to be too tubby,hey.
bubblesbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by elywaldoya on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:04 am

Hi,
I have a 7 month old GSD male who's a little thin. He has no lack of appetite but cant seem to gain weight. My female never had problems with this so I am not to sure on what to do.

elywaldoya

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:35 am

With dogs that are not putting on weight it is important NOT to just buil pu the fat but also the muscle.

We had a douge de bardoux Layla who was soo skinny when we got her we could see every rib and her back bone..
Our local vet said to keep her on PUPPY dog food for one as it is higer in protien and fats, add extra oil to her diet, we fed her dog mice Avalible at butcher and a HIGH Fat HIGH proten mince they feed racing hounds and hunting dogs.. Also RAW BONES most people find a dog may not eat dog food but LOVES brisket bones and they are high in fat and can also help..

Most important is to ASK YOU VET and WORM YOU DOG.. if the dog is wormed and eating well there may be an underlying issue that te vet need to treat!
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum