Clovers lucky escape

Go down

Clovers lucky escape

Post by sharreem on Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:12 pm

Bloody dogs! Harry is a barker and drives me nuts as my dogs only bark when there is really something wrong. Asha wont leave the guinea pigs alone... she chases around their hutches hunting them.
This morning harry wouldnt stop barking and I kept going out and rousing on him for barking but not looking what he was barking at as he just barks for the sake of it. My hubby said "why are the dogs near the guinea pigs hutches" I just told him that asha was obsessed with them. But I didnt go check....
Anyway harry would not shut up so I stormed outside to go cook at him once more and there he is standing over clover!!! Asha had dug a hole under clovers cage and clover has gotten out he was eating grass happily under the trampoline with harry barking at him. He was so lucky none of them tried to use him as a fluffy sqeaky toy.
If harry didnt cry wolf all the time I would have gone out sooner.
Anyway clover is safe I moved his hutch he has had a bath this morning because his hair was wet and i wanted to make sure he had not been hurt.
Luckily my piggies are so used to my dogs otherwise he would have run and gotten eaten or escaped under our fences.

Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Re: Clovers lucky escape

Post by lorie on Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:19 pm

Holy Cow! Lucky piggie!
Good for Harry, bravo!! Did you tell him Good Boy? Smile
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:32 pm

OH GOSH glad she is safe, Darn yappers! they make life hard you never know if there is a REAL problem!
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:55 pm

yes i did tell him good boy then told him not to bark again but I dont think he understood haha
Brooke (my daughter who owns clover) has now put poor clover in his inside box so he cant graze or stretch out... she is worried asha will dig him out again... even though we have two other hutches with piggies outside so what about them??? I mean the box is an animal carry cage the wooden airline type, but he loves being outside in his hutch to pick grass. She has hand cut him some fresh pick but its not the same... Will have to convince her that he will be safe now (i hope) outside

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:29 am

Clover is one very lucky guinea pig I know my two terriorists would have killed him with out a worry in the world.

Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:03 am

Ok thought it was asha who was digging as she is the one hunting down the piggies in the hutches. This arvo we caught harry digging a hole into cocos cage. we noticed one other hole near his cage so this arvo I took Harry home to his house. they have padlocked the gates so with the neighbours help we lifted him over the fence. I will go check on him twice a day until they are home on the weekend. I couldnt risk the girls piggies getting hrt and I didnt want to tie him up at my place... that wouldnt be fair. Now I have 3 holes in my yard.... my dogs dont dig so I am abit annoyed . Ihave sent a text to his owners who are camping i tried to ring but it didnt work... I hope I have done the right thing Harry sleeps otside he has never been alowed inside so he will be fine at night, he has his house to sleep in. What would you guys do???

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:57 am

Exactly what you have done as long as he is secure checked on and fed there is nothing else you can do. You cannot put your own animals at risk and hopefully they will understand that. As for hole diggers that is a pain in the bum. It is only for another couple of days so he will be right. Would not stress too much about it.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:10 pm

He certainly is a lucky little piggie..

Now I am going to tell you a very sorry tale...Emma shut your eyes and cover your ears..

When our kids were young we had several piggies and one day we had two of them in the run and the dog got out (It was not Herbie he hadn't even been thought of) without us realising ..when suddenly JJ said where is Sam ..we all looked at each other and rushed up the garden to find him licking his lips and yes you guessed it he had a piggie dinner...

My son was mortified my daughter was convined that Sam had only done it as Bruce the piggie had bitten her the day before and left a nasty gash in her finger.......

Sam really had eaten him..the evidence was clearly seen in the morning.....

Chataholic

Number of posts : 1832

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:14 pm

Poor sam but a dogs gotta do what a dogs gotta do. This is the reason why I will NOT have any rodents for pets only have to mention the word mousies and mine go nuts. But that is what they are bred for rodent erradiactors and they do that job very well when they are around.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:35 am

Ok I went to feed harry last night and his owners were home. They ad been home for a few hours and hey didnt call meto find out why harry was home... they didnt get my text messages... i sent them to two of there mobiles.
They didnt say thanks, all they could say is that harry doesnt dig and it couldnt have been him... we saw him doing it!!!! wish i took a photo of his muddy legs now from digging.
hey didnt say thanks for looking after him....I dont know why i bother sometimes. I went out of my way to feed him twice a day and even checked on him just after midnight new years.... ha some people!!!!

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:49 am

Some people just make you sick don't they ... you must remember that next time they ask you to pet sit.....but I bet you still say yes......

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:51 am

Well next time they ask if you can look after him say NO!! That is so wrong.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:36 pm

yes i dont think i will be doing more than a few night sleep over for anyones dogs any more. It interupts my dogs routines. Poor goldie has sores all around her neck from playing with asha goldie goes back to play more but doesnt realize asha is hurting her as she is a much stronger dog. Yesterday i just locked my three inside to give them a break. They wanted to go out but asha is overpowering. she has been here for three weeks she goes home on the 10th i think. She is a nice dog and not mean just playful, but she has no manners and jumps on you everytime you go out. she has startd to stop it sometimes now and only does it once or twice a day now but its still annoying getting muddy paws all over you.
and she has torn up into little pieces angels mattress in her dog house and this morning my daughters stereo that is kept up high was on the dog bed. just hope it still works.
I dont know but i have three dogs of my own and they dont wreck anything... yes angel and goldie tore up goldies new bed but thats a one off. every day something new is chewed outside and my dogs sleep inside so its not them...
As for harry no he wont be staying here I saved them alot of money like kennel fees and dont even get a thank you

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:34 pm

Sounds like your not having fun I would not do it again smile graciously as they go and shut the door and say thank god that is over. If they ask again say you have plans. It is not fair for your property to be wrecked and it is not good for your dogs. It sounds like your three are like my three all good friends and respect one another. Your going to need a holiday after all this I would not do it again.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:45 am

yes i am having a holiday after... we are going away for three days and do you think anyone puts there hand up to look after my babies???? Nope!!!!
My neighbour comes over for me but noone else offers they just take but dont give

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:22 am

Exactly so it is time you learn't to say no sometimes to... I think that is only fair.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:29 am

here.. here.......

People just take advantage of good people like you Sharreem..they like to take but do not like to give!!!

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:11 am

100% right...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:33 pm

Well Asha went home yesterday. I left the last few days mess so they could see what she had done... They were horrified... They were so apologetic ... so different to harrys owners..
I showed them all the good manners she has learnt . As soon as they went out to her she did not jump up on them... That was the first thing she learnt... They said they liked her cuddles! I said she can have cuddles on your terms not her terms so she has to wait to bee asked for a cuddle... not just jump on you as soon as you walk into the yard. She now doensnt grab the hose and wet you when you fill up the water bowl... They said they liked that game... I said if you go out you dont want to get wet before you go... let her pay with the hose on your terms not hers! She walks on a lead a bit better. she was so unbalanced and would just pull and walk on every side and keep swapping... now she is sort of on the left and doesnt pull as much... that one will take more than 3 weeks! And she sits and waits for her dinner instead of jumping up for it.

hey were so happy they gave me a thank you card with $250 in it. I said wow that a big box of chocolates... haha....They are going to try to keep up the training and they really meant it!

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:24 pm

That was wonderful of them to do that... these things are all fun when baby puppies but not fun when they are adults I hope the keep up the training and now you can relax and enjoy your own dogs. Well done.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:55 pm

That was a really nice surprise and just shows that some people appreciate what you have done..

You deserve a pat on the back...lets hope that they keep up all you hard work

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:22 am

Wow, Shareem! You did a lot in a few weeks! I hop e they continue what you have started!
if I slack off even a few days with natalie she is back to jumping... But, this is stupid, I like her being a puppy, so I'm probably sending mixed mssages sometimes..
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:48 am

We are all guilty of that sometimes Lorie!!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down