I called the cops!

Go down

I called the cops!

Post by lorie on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:28 pm

I got to work this AM, and as soon as it got light out, I found someone from town had dumped about 12 bags of trash in the school dumpster. This is against the law.
So, I dug thru a few bags until i found a credit card bill.

This makes me jumping up and down mad! I take it personally, like someone dumped it in my front yard!
I don't even throw my own trash in there! I pay for it!
Called the cops and they took my name as the person reporting the "crime" and said they would take care of it.
I have had to do this before, it's usually collage kids cause we have to PAY for trash bags here..
Anyway, I was telling the school secretary and she said:
"That's the new cop in town"!
So, I called the cops on a cop!!
I'm driving the speed limit with my seat belt on for the rest of my life.
Can you imagine how embarrassed that cop must be? He has'nt been on the force that long, but must surely know the law.
I have probably made an enemy...
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Re: I called the cops!

Post by herbiedog on Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:04 pm

Well you did the right thing .. mind you if it is anything like over here the cops stick together!!!!!!!!!

If it is the law then it is the same for everyone.... seems we are really lucky here we have wheelie bins one green one for household rubbish and a brown one for compost rubbish one collected one week the other the next we also have fortnightly collection of recycled... plastics. cans and paper...

Mind you we pay something called council tax which includes the service of rubbish collection

Chataholic

Number of posts : 1832

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:13 pm

Good on you Lorie if he is breaking the law he has to be dealt with. We to Liz it all comes under your council rates for rubbish collection much better and easier. I would have thought the system was the same in the states. No wonder people dump garbage if they have to pay for it.

Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:47 pm

I had no idea he was a cop!
I think I would have called him directly if I had known so as not to embarrass him in front of the whole police force....he's probably mad..
I went outside an hour later and it was gone so somebody put two and two together pretty quick!
The turkey carcass on the ground made me mad as I can get.
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboi on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:37 pm

Pfft, that's it m8 no 1's outside the law, even the law it's self ...

Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 773

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:13 pm

Ah well if you had of known he was a cop would you have done the same? I think I would have fair is fair everyone is not above the law and he of all people should know the law and abide by it. I hope he got racked over the coals for it. He is the person that society looks up to. Talk about not practising what you preach. You did the absolute right thing. Can I ask why the Turkey carcass upset you?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie on Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:18 am

Well, they threw the trash in our paper recycle bin which is huge, some bird or critter must have got in and pulled the bones out and had a feast on them and they were on the ground next to the dumpster, for ME to clean up. That dumpster is for only clean recyclables, and htey threw their household trash in there... The ironic part is, if he had put it in the right dumpster i may not have even noticed as yesterday was pick up day!!
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:23 am

Ah I can understand why that would annoy you... so they dumped this in your bin? Good on you for complaining...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down