dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HERBIES SUMMER ITCH

+2
oldboi
herbiedog
6 posters

Go down

HERBIES SUMMER ITCH Empty HERBIES SUMMER ITCH

Post by herbiedog Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:11 am

Poor Herbie has been suffering badly from late summer itch we took him to the vets who gave him a steroid jab..but it didn't last long before the itch returned we had a nightmare weekend we went overnight camping and he itched all night we were all exhausted the next day HERBIES SUMMER ITCH Icon_sad

An old man who JJ see's when out walking told him to get some rock sulphur to put in his drinking water which we have sent away for so will let you know how it goes...

Do any of your fur babies suffer with the same problems... I am aware that it is a curse for the terrier family
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1832

Back to top Go down

HERBIES SUMMER ITCH Empty Re: HERBIES SUMMER ITCH

Post by oldboi Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:38 pm

Poor little fella, hope you have success ... HERBIES SUMMER ITCH Icon_wink
oldboi
oldboi
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 773

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:46 pm

Well i get lots of itchy clients....

I find that a relly good moisterising bath with oatmeal really settles downt he skin and the owners always say it looks less red and itchy..

bethany gets a horrible reaction to fleas and i use an emu oil and Alovera extract shampoo on her skin to sooth it....

I know that there is some anti Histamine tablets they can take.... Will have to look up the brand for you...

I hope the litttle fella is better soon..
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:25 am

Angel is on Macrolone tablets at the moment to stop her from her flea allergy scratches. she has to have one every day for 5 days then one every second day for the other 5 days. She had a quarterzone injection last week when she hurt her toe and it lasted about 5 days before the itch came back.
I will tell you how she goes after the course but at the moment it has worked. she has not scratched for days and her skin is back to normal. I did change flea treatmen also so I dont know if it is thhe tablets or advantix... advantics repels flies mozzies and fleas and ticks.
Big hugs to herbie and welcome back
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:12 am

Thank you ... We give him a anti histamine called piriton but it does make him sleepy .. also give him a good shower in tea tree shampoo but it's good to know everyones opinions will have to look up all your brand names to see if we have anything similar here
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:09 pm

This was perscribed by the vet so I dont think it is an over the counter pill. But it deffinatly is working her hair is growing back now and her skin is not as red and she is not sleepy so I dont know what it is but it works.
she was so itchy the poor bugger snd now is a lot hapier.
I usually like natural products but sometimes you have to use chemicals. also a good was for itchy skin is malaseb shampoo.

On another note have you tried neem soap??? It is a natural product and usually works on angel and on the guinea pigs Its just she was so run down after the pups and hormones all over the place that we had to use the vet stuff.
Neem is fantastic for humans for eczma and animals for all itches
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:38 pm

Sharreem where do you get that neem soap from Mali can get red and irritated skin and that sounds ideal for him. actually. I use neotopic H cream on mali when it gets too bad and antibiotic, antifungal, anti inflamatory cream again from the vet. Hope he improves a little apple cider vinegar would not be harmful either just add some into his food but it must NOT be pasturized you need the mother ingredient. Go to your health food store and they will sell it.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:15 am

Equiss Micro-Tec hair rebuilder. Worked like a charm for my friends cairn who was itching and pulling his hair out. But, I don't know if you can find it there. Not much help I suppose, would have to order it online..
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:23 am

Mini I buy It fro, eumundi markets I will try to see if I have a pamph;et of it and get you an email address. You can try to googlr it you might find it on the web
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:26 am

http://www.naturapetics.com.au/TESTIMONIALS/tabid/834/Default.aspx

Here is a link to the testimonial page you can buy it online.. they have other fantastic products too have a look at their list
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:28 am

I have not tried this brand but I would say it would be similar to the one I use

http://www.eumundimarkets.com.au/content/view/586/64/ This is the brand I have used on my daughter for eczma and the piggies and angel
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:58 am

Wow everyone thanks for all that information
herbiedog
herbiedog
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:05 pm

Sharreem have put an order in for the soap will cost just under $10.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:50 am

When you get the soap put it in a stocking so it will last longer. easier to hold too in the stcking sock
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:51 am

Will do thanks very much for the tip.
Mali
Mali
Admin