Angels surgery

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Angels surgery

Post by sharreem on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:48 pm

people just let their cats roam escpecally at night. They have just introduced compulsory cat registration and micro chipping so hopefully that controls them abit. we have them every morning just eyeing off our poor piggies... luckily angel chases them away. but the damage is done and the fleas find my poor alergic dog. I treat her with sentinel and use capstar if I see a flea but its just annoying that the flea could be on her fo a day before I notice it

Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:29 am

I personally believe cats should be made to be kept in their own yards having an outdoor run or by keeping them inside 24/7. Definetley a cat curfew at least of when its dusk they must be in. I am not a cat hater but we need to control them badly.

Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:02 am

yes well love cats and I think if there were rules for dogs why not cats??
How would the neighbours like me to let my dogs wander on their properties every night

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:18 am

They would not... they would cause the most trouble it's not fair at all.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:26 pm

my neighbors 3 cats spend ALL their time in my yard. I think those darn cats know my yard is so much prettier than their own.

lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:43 pm

Typical cats like they say dogs have masters cats have slaves....

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:04 am

I have just changed Angel from sentinel to advantix today and . went and got her the annual heart worm injection. She used to have this injection but I swapped for sentinel because it did heartworm and fleas and worming in one.I think the fleas are immunne to the sentinel.
Goldie was due for her vaccination and microchip and angel was due for her kennel cough serrum so while i was there I got the heart worm as well and bought advantix for the fleas. even though she has no fleas I seem to find the odd one on her and she is so itchy. The vet gave her some tablets for her itchy skin and suggested to change flea treatments so I will tell you how she goes with the change. fingers crossed as her skin isnt good at the moment having low immunities because of pups.

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:06 am

oh also he was happy with her toe...its still red and sore but starting to heel well

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:38 am

Thats good her toe is healing with the advantix it will kill the fleas straight away. Gosh are the puppies that old already their second injections do you still have the other one with you? Poor angel I hope she feels better soon. Such a darling of a dog.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:08 am

Fleas are definately immune to advantage and frontline here. They both worked so well for years, but I am seeing tons of skin and flea issues on my client dogs these days. I have my girls on "Comfortis" now. It's a tablet once a month.Seems to be working, plus, I don't have that greasy stuff on my poodles, it ruins their hairdo look, I was glad to find a pill.
Hope that works for Angel..
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:22 am

Ive never heard of that one. thats why I liked the sentinel becase it was a tablet that did the lot. Now my girls all have greasy marks down their backs but hopefully it works.
Yes mini I still have the other pup. i will have her until shes 12 weeks old. She went yesterday with her owners to the vet to get her microchip and imuisation. their vet would not give the second imunisation to marley because they like to do it at 12 weeks. I would rather the 10 week injection because there is parvo around at the moment, a few pups hAVE DIED FROM IT AROUND HEREoops sorry for yellin lol. so mine get the stronger dose but marleys vet disagreed with that injection.. each to their own I say.
the owners were disapointed as they made the apointment for nothing. They should have stuck to my vet

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:45 am

I would rather give something topical than for the dogs to ingest. Fair enough about the vaccinations I understand your reasons for vaccinating again. Your right they should have stuck with your vet. Having two lab puppies would be fun sometimes I bet they can and do get into trouble. Photos when you can and that oily mark down their backs will disappear very quickly.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:32 pm

yes been a bit slack on the photo front.... I will get busy on the weekend.
The only bad side with marley staying is that its harder to get Goldie into a routine. Marley is a more excitable dog than Goldie so inside toilet training is harder with the two pups

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:25 am

As it would be having two to train perhaps I might get my next breeder to keep the pup the extra four weeks and they can house train them for me as well. Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2