Angels surgery

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Angels surgery

Post by sharreem on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:31 pm

Poor angel today had to have an operation on her back toe. She somehow tore the nail from the top of it on the weekend. I noticed blood on her head on sunday and couldnt work out where it had come from. I have been checking her all ove but no signs of blood anywhere else. Then she kept whincing every time someone stood on her toe. I checked it and even though it didnt look bad it was sore. I kept an eye on her yesterday and she was fine. then one of the pups stood on it this morning and it really hurt so I took her to the vetand her took her in straight away and sedated her and removed the nail. She is now sitting next to me so sad with a big bandage on her foot. We dont know how she did it as she has only been here with the pups.
so I am now $200 poorer!
Gee they know how to charge.

Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Re: Angels surgery

Post by Yacket's Mum on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:54 pm

OMG sorry Angel is in the wars. Hope her foot heals soon. Checke did the same thing but with her dew clay and they had to knock her our and take the whole thing off and that cost me $380... Wish I was a vet sometimes.. Big kisses to Angel from Biscuit and Checke
Yacket's Mum

Number of posts : 479

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:02 pm

Sorry to hear that Angel has had this problem hope she gets back to normal soon. But as for big vet bills poor Lori... Jackie one of her horses has an infection in the back left pastern so far the vet bill has been $1,000 and climbing. So we all know how you feel.

Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:24 am

why do they think that because we have animals we can afford big dollars to fix things. I bet most of the $1000 was for call out fees and not much else

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:29 am

Ahhh vet bills i HATE them...... they really know how to empty your pockets...... But they know we love them and would do anything for them...

Hope she feels better soon poor baby.
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:30 am

Beth<3 wrote:Ahhh vet bills i HATE them...... they really know how to empty your pockets...... But they know we love them and would do anything for them...

They sure do they do have you by the short and curlies when it comes to that. Let's hope all goes well now and that Angel does not have to put up with that bandage for too long I know exactly how she feels having two bandaged feet. sunny

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:33 am

Aw, poor Angel, hope sh'es feeling better soon. Are you spoiling her? They really know how to use those puppy eyes when they;re not feeling well.
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:56 am

Yes she is getting so spoilt. she didnt have to get up for her dinner tonight and I cooked her a steak as well lol. I have to keep her away from the pups though as they are trying to eat her bandage. not fun

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:40 am

Steak she ate better than me tonight but she is worth it!!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboi on Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:55 pm

Not good to hear m8, hopefully all goes well.

Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 773

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog on Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:01 pm

Aww lots of hugs and doggie kisses for Angel from the Herbster and of course Auntie Lizzie..

Do you have insurance .. I have for Herbie but have to pay the first £60

Chataholic

Number of posts : 1832

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:14 pm

No I dont have insurance... silly me.... but the amount she has cost me over the 4 years is 0 except for the basic vet stuff so I havent really had to pay too much for her.
She is now walking on three legs. The pain killers have worn off and because she has had a quartezone injection for her allergies ( her skin is so dry at the moment and itchy she is alergic to fleas and must have picked one up from the pesty cats tha go through our yard every night checking out our guinea pigs) she is not allowed any more pain killers because of the quarterzone.

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:35 pm

Poor darling lets hope the pain goes quickly and it is amazing how much problems one little blood sucker can do to a dog!!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:39 am

well angel got her bandage off tonight and she should still have it on another day so I have quickly unwrapped it and tried to put it back on her... ha no licking the vet reckons try telling that to a persistant lab. might have to get an elizabethan collar for her little rascal!

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:41 am

No licking yeah right who the hell is he trying to kid?? A collar just might come in handy....

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie on Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:00 am

This sounds mean, but sometimes watching dogs wearing those collars is funny, bumping into things etc..
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:52 am

So true Lorie it can be very funny.... but the poor dogs!!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:44 am

Sorry Shareem, we do not need a laugh at Angel's expense..hope she is being a good girl.
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:50 am

haha no it would be funny if she had a collar on. she has been a good girl and hasnt licked it too much. she did when the bandage first fell off (by the way she kept it on the extra night after my handy wrapping) then it fell off the next morning when she jumpped into the puppies room. She only licked it a few times and has left it alone but the poor thing the pups keep standing on it and she yelps out really loud then doesnt use her foot for 1/2 hour after... looks funny a lab only using 3 legs. boy can she run fast with only 3 legs and its her back one too lol.
it still keeps bleeding when she knocks it but she doesnt have a nail on it to protect it poor baby.

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:15 pm

Poor darling that has to hurt hitting the quick all the time no wonder she is crying... give her a kiss for me okay...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie on Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:15 pm

How 'bout a .... too!
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:45 pm

Good idea... :grouphug:

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:36 pm

Bloody flea on angel again.... one flea!!!!! I wish who ever owns the bloody cats that come in my yard at night would use a flea treatment..... Now Angels toe is bleeding everywhere because she has been scratching!!!
I combed her all over and found the sucker but now it has made her so itchy again.. she now has blood all over her because of scratching.... and i thought the toe was geting beter!! Makes me so mad!!!

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:33 pm

Yes that would make me mad as well freaking cats.... they are the worst flea hoarders.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:07 pm

I don't think you all have pet cats there like we do, I treat my two and they don't go outside but with the groom shop , I treat them anyway.. are those cats strays??

poor Angel, I wish I could drive to your house and give you some products for itching but well, too far..could you try a "bitter " tasting product or would that annoy her wound?
Kisses to Angel, how about a Benadryl? You could ask your vet if that would help...
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum