Accident prone dog! Do you have one.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Accident prone dog! Do you have one.

Post by Yacket's Mum on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:10 pm

Well I am begining to wonder if Biscuit has a brain or if I should change his name to Kamacrazy...

So last fortnight the week began....Wed only day we had no rain (yard a boggie mess) Biscuit went zoomies around the yard fell over and pulled his should mussle so cried eveytime he moved...Sat dog went home that I was sitting for and Biscuit met her owners at the gate only to push it open (we have twin gates) and got his head stuck in them.....(screamed like we had killed him but didn't hurt himself just frighten him) and then sunday we were out at a working bee for dog obeidence and hubbys mate turned up at home to find Biscuit covered in blood (thought I had painted his legs again until a closer look) ripped apart his front foot at the knuckle with the skin hanging down to his toes..so I come home take him to the vet they have to knock him out stitch up the front foot stop it from moving so it will heal and stitch up the mess on his back leg...chucks cleaned and 6 hours later come home. Have had to keep him quite (really hard he is a greyhound and we live on acerage) but we blocked off the patio so he cant move....Well that is to much moving for him and the vet said his leg is not healing like it should so he has been living in his crate for the last 5 days and is going nuts.... Of to the vet today for another banadage change and we will see if it is any better.....I HOPE SO....

Would love to hear that I am not alone........
Yacket's Mum

Number of posts : 479

Back to top Go down

Re: Accident prone dog! Do you have one.

Post by sharreem on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:26 pm

Poor biscuit... they say thoroubreds are accident prone.... lol

Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:40 pm

Poor biscuit he is having a terrible time. I hope he gets better and soon. Sorry to say have not had any of those problems.  

Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Awwwww poor little man..... Get better Biscuit....

Ou basset hound is like that... eating nuts and costing us almost 3 grand for a gut reconstruction.. Running into out shut glass door... Standing on her ears... Scratching her bed and getting tangled and falling to the floor.. trying to jump on the couch with her stumpy legs and falling.... She has brains just Cumbsy...
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:08 am

Thanks guys.... Well we have had another bandage change and the vet is happy with the progress but not happy enough to take out all the stitches so we still have to keep him quite and crated for another 5 days till we go back and she thinks the ones in his back legs can come out and maybe some of the front ones and we will be able to have the bandages off but still the bucket on his head. (no licking) the bandages are a big pain in the bum having to wrap them in plastic 3 times so they don't get wet when he goes to the toilet...so can't wait for them to come off but I am home for 5 days now so will keep him inside with me rather than his crate...he must be so bored! I am doing my best to keep him entertained but you can only do and eat so much in a small area.
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:40 am

Very true and your right wrapping bandages up in plastic is not fun I do it everytime I have a shower so I know what your going through. Hopefully in five days the stitches can be removed and you can go back to some kind of normality.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum on Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:02 am

Oh minifoxies I take my hat off to you. I have to put 3 bags on his leg so that the wet cant get though and I have to do this about 4-5 times a day so he can toilet.
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:40 am

Have you tried glad wrap its pretty good for that sort of thing.. when my wounds are down we wrap them in glad wrap keeps them warm and in my case moist also stops the bugs getting in as well... Glad wrap would be easier I think just wrap it around the leg as it is a big area to cover.  It is a total pain in the ass having to bag feet for showers I am used to it but it still gives me the shits.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:47 am

Oh, I feel for both of you, and poor, bored Biscuit! Natalie's a clumsy oaf, but it's "puppy" clumsy, I hope!!!
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum on Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:56 pm

I'm hoping all his sillyness is just the puppy stages! He is an out there type of dog anyway and then you add puppy to it and a boy you have big trouble. Neutral The vet was impressed with him yesterday I had him tied up to the front rail of the clinic and a loose dog someone was trying to get into there car come running over to him all in his face and he just wanted to play with it...no aggression from either dog it was so lovely to see happy dogs and she said not many dogs would have not reacted to that suituation but that is what he dose no mean bone in his body just love....
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:38 pm

He sounds delightful don't you just love greyhounds. 

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:00 pm

I love him to peices but I think he will be the death of me! I worry so much about him. I had a cattle dog for 13years and he only ever went to the vet 3 times for war wounds in that whole time and biscuit has been twice in the frist year of his life? It can only get better.
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:58 pm

For sure Mali has been to the vet four times vaccinations, desexing, microchip, skin conditions.  Hilary for her vaccinations and microchip that is it. I am sure he will get out of his clumsy ways all legs and no brains at this stage. 

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:34 pm

has biscuit healed up yet???

Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:41 pm

Still bagging his foot??

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum on Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:21 am

Not healed as much as the vet would like it so we still have all the stitches in and bandaged until we go back on day 15 for the vet to have another look and go from there.

Yes still bagging his foot so he can toilet.

It must be getting better he is walking on it much more and wants to have a run around but the bag slips so he cant...which is good because he is not allowed to yet.

Roll on Tuesday afternoon for the hopefully the last vet visit!
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum on Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:55 pm

Update on Biscuit. We went to the vet last night to have the bandages removed and stitiches out and the vet is finally happy with everything. He has no stitiches anywhere (she thought she might leave 6 in the middle of his foot for another 5 days) he still has his foot bandaged for another 5 days and then we can take it off. He is allowed to start obeidence again on monday and agility in a fortnight but still no zoomies around the yard for at least a week and when I do let him out to do that he will be on his own with me watching. He is feeling much better with the smaller bandage on as he can move his toes. Still limps alittle but I think it is the bandage not the sore. The vet dosen't think he has done anything permenate so that is fantastic. All in all I am very happy thankyou to all for the well wishes and thoughts. Big kisses from Biscuit.
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:24 pm

Oh thats good to hear ..doggie licks from Herbie Smile

Chataholic

Number of posts : 1832

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:43 pm

Thankyou Herbiedog. I am really happy I have put alot of work into this beautiful greyhound who I would like to compete in agility with when he is old enough so I hoped he had not hurt himself so we couldn't keep going with the training.
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:43 pm

Fantastic news so glad that he is well and truly on the road to recovery. I would love to see photos or even a video of him going around the agility course. I have never seen a greyhound do agility before.  Good luck with all that I am so pleased for you that you dont have to worry much longer about bags etc. 

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum on Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:25 pm

Well we have our camera back from repairs so when he is up to it I will get hubby to take some movie of him doing agility. He loves it and we are slowly making stuff for him to keep doing at home. I bought a hop jump and hubby has made me 3 pole jumps and I have some strange things for weave poles.
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:13 am

Well if it works that's all that matters.  Looking forward to seeing him on video. 

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum on Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:31 am

Update on dog with NO Brain.... Was bathing dogs on wed and Biscuit decided to do zoomies around the yard...not a problem until....he forgot that we had put up a hand rail where he hurt himself and jumped over it not realising how high it was and clipped his sore foot and back leg again....thank goodness it is a round piped handrail so it didn't really hurt him except the wack...So we were off to the chiropractor again today for his final checkup to make sure he is ok and that we can start doing agility again. He had jarred his shoulder (I guess the jumping wacking thing) and his hips were out again (which I know he did that the other day in the wet slipping) so all good for the moment and we have the all clear to start slow again so that is a start. Just don't know what to do with this dog he is nothing like I have ever had before and he is nothing like any of the greyhounds I have had over 6 years!!!!!!!
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 am

A testing greyhound oh what fun lets hope this end of it.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:04 am

Yes testing well..........I am sure someone forgot to tell him he is a greyhound and that he is ment to be a couch potatoe and quite....
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next