Hello All!

Go down

Hello All!

Post by LeasyPetGroomer on Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:23 am

Hello sunny
first of all, was lovely to be invited to join this beautiful forum, many thanks.

A bit about me Very Happy
Iam 22 years old and have always had dogs around me, when I couldnt have my own dog I would walk my neighbours dogs and so on.
I cannot begin to explain how much the companion of a dog has ment to me, they have never failed to make me smile by the end of the day, even when my good friends pass away, you never forget all those funny things they did that seperated them from all other dogs, much like people. I love you
I now have 2 young children to keep me busy but I never struggle to find the time or atleast a moment to spend with each of my dogs every day. Both of my kids have found love for animals just as I had, my daughter esspecially, she likes to pretend she is a puppy sometimes and bark at strangers in the local shop Razz
I found myself struggling to commit to a job or career choice at a usual age of 16, 4 years and many jobs later I was givin a new opportunity to work with a beautiful lady in James' Mobile Pet Grooming. I loved every minute of it, I felt ever so lucky to be making a living doing something I loved so much and found I was pretty good at it if I do say so myself tongue
After having to take an extended leave to have my 2nd child I decided rather then working for a huge franchise I would work for myself. Im now in the process of setting up my own mobile grooming business which will be up and running in no time, Im so excited and cannot wait to get back to working with all those puppys again.

Well in a nutshell, thats it!

⭐ thanks for taking the time to read this, I tried to keep it short
if anyone has a dog grooming related quiestion Im more then happy to help!

cheers!

Leasy Very Happy
LeasyPetGroomer

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello All!

Post by Admin on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:03 am

thanks for introducing your self!!
and welcome to this forum,we hope to hear more from you and hopefull you can help members in need of grooming advice Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Post by costa & spirou on Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:14 pm

welcome, we have a long haired shepherd that we ended up clipping he is never out of our dam, not as handsome now but good for him during the summer.

costa & spirou

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:49 am

Hi Leasy nice to meet you

Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:19 am

Welcome Leasy
Great to have you here
Lovely Introduction.
Enjoy yourself we sure do.

Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by LeasyPetGroomer on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:25 pm

costa & spirou wrote:welcome, we have a long haired shepherd that we ended up clipping he is never out of our dam, not as handsome now but good for him during the summer.

with summers getting hotter every year alot of people are shaving their double coated and/or long haired dogs. I have done many Malamutes, huskys and a few german shepards and you can tell how much more comfortable they are straight away. I think that it is great even if they look a little silly for a while Very Happy
When I clip large breeds I try to just do the body and blend into the legs and from the back of the neck and keep much of the tail, they look really cute when finished.
Thanks for your comment ⭐
LeasyPetGroomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:19 pm

German shepherds have a double coat to protect them from both heat and cold. Clipping a german shepherd coat is not necessary unless totally matted (being a longcoat) for surgical reasons etc. Having owned this breed for near on 26 years I have never had to clip a german shepherd because it was hot in summer.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeasyPetGroomer on Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:42 pm

minifoxies- well I do and so do alot of other people already know what a double coat is all about, but alot of people like to clip the coat for many reasons, it is their choice. Most commonly its because of heat mixed with fleas which causes alot of scratching and biting which causes broken skin that then stays moist underneith the coat causing it not to heal and the dog becomes very uncomfortable and so on. So some people find it easier to treat for.. be it fleas, heatspots etc when the coat is short and gives these owners peace of mind knowing they are that bit more comfortable in the summer. And as for the lady who posted before as she said her dog is always in a dam, it would be so much easier to give him/her a hose down if the coat is short. all in all its much easier to maintain for most people during the summer months. thankyou for your comment.
LeasyPetGroomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:03 am

i no i wouldnt all that extra hair in summer it is terriblely hot every yr so i dont blame owners who clip their dogs

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by costa & spirou on Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:31 am

I also have had German Shepherds for over 26 years so the breed is not that new to me, we clip Spirou in the summer mainly because we live on acreage and it is much easier for tic control even though we do use flee and tic control. The vet has warned us that we are about to go into tic season better safe than sorry.

costa & spirou

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by LeasyPetGroomer on Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:12 pm

costa & spirou~ very smart! Very Happy
LeasyPetGroomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:55 am

plus with all the fleas and tick all that extra fur wouldnt help!
it would be alot to check for ticks with less fur but i guess its up to the owner!! Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:58 am

LeasyPetGroomer wrote:minifoxies- well I do and so do alot of other people already know what a double coat is all about, but alot of people like to clip the coat for many reasons, it is their choice. Most commonly its because of heat mixed with fleas which causes alot of scratching and biting which causes broken skin that then stays moist underneith the coat causing it not to heal and the dog becomes very uncomfortable and so on. So some people find it easier to treat for.. be it fleas, heatspots etc when the coat is short and gives these owners peace of mind knowing they are that bit more comfortable in the summer. And as for the lady who posted before as she said her dog is always in a dam, it would be so much easier to give him/her a hose down if the coat is short. all in all its much easier to maintain for most people during the summer months. thankyou for your comment.

I understand all of the above yes its up to individuals but in my opinion I would never clip a german shepherd the coat just grows back twice as thick and you create a rod for your own back... JMO Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum