Plans for today

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Re: Plans for today

Post by herbiedog on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Your forest are a lot bigger then ours..

Ashdown Forest is the home of Winnie the Pooh... well it was the place where the story were written and Christopher Robin and Pooh had all their adventures..... bounce

We had a great day and a lovely picnic.. Fathers day was a bit eventful but least said the better... Mad

It's good that you have visitors yesterday it's always nice to see friends.. are they your neighbours?

Chataholic

Number of posts : 1832

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:36 pm

Hi Liz no my visitors were my cleaner who chat all the time she is here and she does a great job. As for the nurse well she just gives me a hard time and I love it!! But with her what goes around comes around I give her a hard time as well. She is really good value.  Now next time you go the the forest please take some photos I would love to see where winnie the pooh came from other than in books. He is one of my all time favourite characters the whole story is magical.  But my real favourite in all of the characters is Eeyore I just love that donkey.  Today I have to go to the hospital early to see the surgeons just for a check up so that is good. Then I am going to pop in and see a lady I met at hospital and catch up with her. I have been a bad friend and not visited her for so long. Then come home and get dinner ready and the day is done.  I think I am going to cook chow mein for tea tonight yummy.  Catch up soon Liz take care and give herbie a big hug from me. 

Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:42 pm

I
WANT
A
CLEANER
TOO!

And, I want to hug Herbie, I could use a good non judgementel hug right now.
MIni, good friends will always understand. I love you
Geez, I hope you know what I'm responding about , I gotta go shavedown a german shephard dog, I know, It's just WRONG! Evil or Very Mad
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:58 pm

Wow a clipped shepard lol that will be a sight for sore eyes

Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:31 am

No its bloody terrible just like when they clip golden retrievers their hair grows back thicker than ever it ruins the coat. Ah my cleaner is great she is here for two hours every week on monday and does a great job. I just have to keep the dishes done etc and she does the rest. Cost me six toes to get her though!!  I went to the surgeons today and they are really happy with the feet I go again in two weeks for another check up and then they will be changed to monthly. I will see the wound nurse every fortnight still but that is fine. Unfortunately my wound nurse who I think is fantastic found a black mole on my heel and the surgeons came in took one look at it and said off it comes. So I have to go into the hospital tomorrow week in the afternoon and have it remove. Thank god it is NOT a overnight stay but a quick procedure. My surgeon Jeremy will do it. He has done all my previous stuff in Ballarat so I know he will take good care of me.  I have come home and made chow mein for tea tonight. I feel I am going to go to bed early tonight I am absolutely stuffed.  Oh and to top it all off my friend Carina her American Bulldog had puppies last night she had 14 pups yep 14 all doing well. I am going to see them in a couple of days when I do I will have the camera with me for photos. Her girl skye is just a beautiful dog.  So be warned Sharreem she did not look as big as angel.  14 pups boy is poor carina going to have her hands full. 

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:26 pm

Wow 14 that is quite a litter..

I did get some pictures of winnie the pooh land only a few tho but will post them up later..

Had a very stressful day ..I go to mums on Tuesday to do her chores ..cleaning help her have a bath then her shopping collect her pension pay her bills and today she had an assessment for a carer didn't realise that it would take all of 2 hours ..I felt pooped afterwards all those questions and form filling then after that mum had the chiropodist call ..so I got her lunch put a large whisky in her hand and come home for a rest...

Tomorrow hope to have a night out camping somewhere quiet and have no one call up or turn up... lets see if that happens..... Razz

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:45 pm

yes getting a carer is such hard work... we had the same problem with my 88 year old grandmother. last yearr she broke her elbow in the shower falling over. luckily she has a medic braclet that has a big red button. you push the button and it rings a call center then they get on the speaker phone and they ask if everythings alright. they then assess the situation and call the nearest relative and an ambulance if neccesary. I was going over three times a day ressing her feeding her and pulling her pants up from her using the toilet.
then we finally got her independant again and she fell over the mat in the bathroom and broke her knee. she spent 6 weeks in a reabilatation center to see if she could look after herself. they make them go over obstacle courses with the wheelie walkers ect. they then alowed her to have a carer come help shower her in the morning and then dress her again at night.
it was a fight to get this help but now we can get on with our lives and not go over three times a day.. she is a lady who will never go to a nursing home!!

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:55 pm

My grandmother had her carer's us her family her daughters and grandchildren. We had someone else come in the mornings get her breakfast and twice a week a home help would come to give us respite in showering her. We would never have had it any other way.  She went into care for the last four days of her life there they found she had cancer. It is not a question of not wanting to go to care it is a question of having to go into care. When my grandmother passed away her younger sister was still alive and we did the same to her up until her death in November 2007. She was 86 she was in care the last eighteen months of her life but we all looked after her in the nursing home. Where she was  is fabulous and we said we are  booking in when we get older yes it was that good!! But I hope things improve for you soon Liz and you get a bit of a well earned rest it can be very taxing on the family.  Ah the alarms that you press and they can hear you all over the place they are great if the old dears would use them. Both my grandmother and aunt had falls both of them would NOT use the damn things. Also your supposed to wear the remote buzzer around your neck so if you fall alyou have to do is press it etc. Nope not my two old birds Nana fell and hers was on her wheels could not reach it.  When auntie doreen fell in the shower she couldnt get hers on her damn wheels they are wonderful things if they will use them..... Now to get onto the plans for today. I have absolutely none today I am staying home the only person I am expecting is the nurse and that's it. Nothing exciting at all. Hope you all have a good day. Take Care Louise Mali and  Hilary.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:44 pm

Yes we threatened nana so she musnt take it off or else lol... fancy telling an 88 year old what to lol.
Today i have two of my children home with a bad cough. they were home yesterday too the other went to school happily.
Angel is loving them home at the moment Brooke is brushing her and because she is so itchy she is fleaing the lounge at the same time. her back gets so itchy when shes pregnant maybe because she cant scratch it because she is so big lol

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:53 pm

Yes they do have trouble reaching around when they are that big. I know telling your elders what to do is so much fun considering they told us what to do for so long.  Hope your girls get better soon and they get back to school it is not nice having the flu at all. Angel will sigh a sigh of big relief when those puppies are out. 

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:34 pm

Yes she is sitting on my feet snoring at the moment. she is now starting to loose her belly hair around her teats. had to go pick up my other daughter from school now they are all home sick.school holidays next week so I ave told the school i will keep them home now until after the holidaays.
My nans nickname by all the family s the queen.. but she doesnt know that lol.. she thinks if she clicks her fingers she will get. we had to fight for the carer because she kept telling them she was all right because her grandaughter does this and that and her daughterdoes this lol we love her dearly but we do have our own lives too...
I just felt angels belly and felt bubbles... so excitin!!!

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:40 am

Yes those puppies will be moving about now for sure. They are going to be so cute!! Do you have any homes for them yet?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:32 am

Yes two deffinate and two hear say but will advertise them at two weeks

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:34 pm

Cool plans for today is grocery shopping, going to the vets for the dogs worming tablets they are due, nurse coming and that is about it for me today.  Nothing too exciting oh and doing laundry always got plenty of that to do!! Oh what fun. 

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:24 pm

Mum has a lifeline which is a necklace with an alarm on it... but even tho we keep going over it I don't think she would use it ..

Louise you don't know how guilty I feel about getting a carer I am 6miles away from mum and would like to be there all the time but have been advised by mum consultant that it is good for mum to see as many people as possible and that I can't do everything... but in my view mum has always been our rock she always came to us when I was ill at a moments call ...I feel that it is our turn now to do for her what she did for all of us.. but it is fun to tell her what to do and says that pay back time...we have a good laugh together about it... I'm not really that mean ask my kids..on second thoughts better not Wink

It's been a lovely day here today a bit windy but I've spent most of the day in bed with a bad headache so off camping tomorrow ..

Louise sounds like you had a very exciting day you can't top doing a bit of laundry for excitement

Sharrem it must be quite a wrench when you have to let the puppies go..do you vet the people who are taking on the pups?

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:13 pm

I know what you mean about your mum it is strange and I can feel your pain  with the decision on getting a carer but in the long run it will be better for her. Oh yes such excitment when you have to go to the laundromat to do it. Water is so scarce here in the tanks we cannot do it at home but at least you can get it all washed and dried in one trip that suits me!!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:12 pm

Well I have a very exciting day today (for a greyhound owner) I am off to have my 2 assessed for there green collars. This will allow me to walk my 2 out on the streets without a muzzle from the 1st July. cheers I have a 1.5hour drive to get them there but it will be worth it in the end.......NO more is that dog going to bite me ect... I can't wait it has been on the cards all year and now it is time for all of us who have adopted a grey from another organisation or the pound or even a trainer to get the same excemption as GAP dogs... Now I just hope that Biscuit will pass....he is alittle over the top but the test is all on lead so I should be able to control his teenage antics!!!!! Checke is just the princess and have no worries about her passing she loves little fluffies and lived with 8 cats before we adopted her.

Will update you all when we return this afternoon..
Yacket's Mum

Number of posts : 479

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:45 pm

Brilliant news good luck photos please with them wearing their green collars. It makes it so much easier when you don't have to muzzle them.  WHOO HOO!! My plans for today is a pretty full on day actually. I have three playdates coming over to play with hilary and mali this morning. The nurse will be here in between I hope and then I am going to lunch with my friend Pauline. I need to do laundry at the laundry mat and then grocery shopping as I did not get it done yesterday.... That's it then thank goodness.  

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:55 am

Ok home now and they PASSED with flying colours and I was not allowed to be in there with them so that is wonderful especially for Biscuit. There collars will be posted on Monday and when they get here I will take a photo and post it.

I am so proud of them..... I want to explode
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:50 am

AHHHH yay we have a green colar on our street she is such a SWEETY PIE... Meet her at the park and she doesn't even look at my girl beth.

GOOD JOB GUYS.. make sure to pics of the proud doggies in ther brand spanking new greeenery LOL........
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:43 am

busy day for me i had to pick my mum and sister up drive an hour to take them to the doctor then take them home! i got the cervical cancer vacine ouchhhh ( made me really moody)
now im about to go shopping after my son watches his cartoons lol
have to get dog food and other stuff
then at 6 i have to go pick up a trampoline dog bed from maitland (freecycle)Smile
then im going to go for a nice quite drive into newcastle for something to do lol

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:19 am

COOL GREEN COLLAR FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

Jules my daughter has had her needle they gave them to them at school and she is only 12 but we have a friend that died recently of cervical cancer so my daughter didnt hesitate at getting the injection. wish it was around a few years before!

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:27 pm

Yacket's Mum wrote:Ok home now and they PASSED with flying colours and I was not allowed to be in there with them so that is wonderful especially for Biscuit. There collars will be posted on Monday and when they get here I will take a photo and post it.

OK so I am a bit dim...what is the green collar? we do not have this here....

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by herbiedog on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:32 pm

I have heard a little about the cervical cancer injections here for schoolgirls but not sure if it is happpening yet.. we had a little known celebrity died of cervical cancer a couple of months back and there was a lot of hype about it but not sure if it has been put in place yet..

We had a night out camping last night the weather was glourious except for a thunder storm in the middle of the night but we were nice and cosy tucked up in the camper..those poor folks under canvas must have got a little damp though... We found a lovely walk but got back covered in insect bites... hey ho should have taken the insect repellant Evil or Very Mad

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:45 pm

herbiedog wrote:
Yacket's Mum wrote:Ok home now and they PASSED with flying colours and I was not allowed to be in there with them so that is wonderful especially for Biscuit. There collars will be posted on Monday and when they get here I will take a photo and post it.

OK so I am a bit dim...what is the green collar? we do not have this here....

The green collars will allow the greyhound that is wearing it to be able to walk the streets without there muzzle on. We until the 1st of July have to wear the muzzle anywhere other than in your own back yard. So it is a huge deal to be able to walk these gentle soles with out one and hopefully it will let people know that greyhounds make wonderful pets and that they don't eat small children and white fluffies and that they can also cope in stressful suituations like bikes and kids screaming loud noise ect. It was a huge test for the greys but the ones that went all coped beautifully.
Yacket's Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum