dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP

3 posters

Go down

HELP Empty HELP

Post by Beth<3 Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:21 am

Ok this is a mojor issue for me.

I am a crazy dog lover and would do anything for my dogs.

I have a friend that has some slight depression issues...

long story short a yr ago a very old dog stumbled into her yard. After a vet check he was told to be around 15 yr old(wire haired JR). "Scrffy" has cancers all over his body, one on his leg bleeds almost all the time, he has servire arthritise,blid,def,cannot stand as he wobbles, and is awake only 2 hrs of the day.

Today i after months of working together with her mum got her another dogs.. a chinese chresrted pwder puff 13 moths and lovely"sparkle". she loved her.

now that we have finnished school i am spending more time with her "more spare time lol" and i see how much she loves scruffy. The issue is that it has gone beyond the point now and it seems cruel to keep hime alive.

The poor dog has no quality of life none. i was hopeing that with a young dog that still enjoys life she and her family would realise that "scruffy" is really at the end of his road.

does any body have any ideas of how i can try to tell her he really needs to go with out stick my nose in. I no it is her dog and she loves him. But they were thinking of amputating his leg to help him live longer.So as you can see they are in denile. i do not want to sound horrible but it is getting to the stage it is cruel for the dog.......

any tips on what to do in this situation.
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

HELP Empty Re: HELP

Post by sharreem Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:04 pm

just let her know you have to be cruel to be kind... sounds like the poor boy is suffering. ask her if she is keeping him going for herself or for him??? Yes we all love our old dears...mines 14 nearly but she still runs and plays like our 4 year old. ask her if she was in his situation would she like to be living with the pain everyday. amputating the leg of a 15 year old dog is outrages... he wont learn to use 3 legs and might not even make it under antersetic.
good luck i will be thinking of you
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:21 am

all i can say is that some people would rather let their pets live no matter what
but if they sit down and look at his quality of life i truely hope they descide what is truely best for him
which in my eyes would be to put him to sleep
may sound cruel but sometimes u have to be cruel to be kind
i think that she is thinking of her self and not him
good luck and i hope the right choice is made soon xxoo
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content