Hot spots

Go down

Hot spots

Post by sharreem on Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:47 pm

Does anyone know what causes hot spots in dogs???
Angel has one on her tail. I have fixed it with Malaseb but want to know how she got it. She had one last year in the same spot. Its only small as I found it straight away ( she kept spinning in a circle looking at her tail until i found it!!) But why do some dogs get these and some dont??? Question

Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Re: Hot spots

Post by Yacket's Mum on Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:57 pm

Our vet told me that dogs that are over weight are more likely to get them and they are caused by over heating? I use to have to get our fat cattle dog clipped to keep on top of his hot spots and I used purple spray with insect repellent in it and that worked for him.
Yacket's Mum

Number of posts : 479

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:47 am

Our dear old kimba is very prone to them. She gets them for two reasons.

1 she is fat and old and the heat can cause them in summer.

2 the food she eats if she had Mac and cheese we can expect a break out.
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:05 pm

i had a 5 yr old rotty that got them he was allergic to chicken best way is prevention but then u also need to find out what causes them in the first place

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:45 am

Well angel is not fat.. shes 30kg which is healthy for a lab and she eats science diet low calorie at the moment so It must just be the heat.

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:45 am

yes could be the heat

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie on Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:02 am

HI Shareem, please don't be offended, Science diet is not well rated..
See the thread, "Companies and their so called breeders....." Page 2, I posted a site rating dog food.
Do a search of your dog food. Scrolling down, it tells you WHY the dog food is good or bad..
Very easy to understand and informative.

Surprised
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:35 pm

Thanks Lorie I will have a read. usually she is on Eagle pack holistic but I won this bag in a raffle so I wasnt going to waste $110 worth of food.
Yes since she has been off the eagle pack she has become itchy... didnt match the two together :-)

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie on Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:36 am

So many times the "itchies" are related to allergins in food..
I have Mingo on a frozen raw diet but it doesn't mean I don't occasionlly give her some kibble , I'ts a well rated one..

I, also, would want to use ANYTHING I WON!!!
Maybe you could switch back and throw in a bit of the stuff you won just a bit at a time. Or for a treat, snackie.
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:36 pm

yes i will do that. I have tried Angel on BARF which is a natural frozen raw food and she HATES it. She would rather starve than eat it. I have thawed it, cooked it even given it to her frozen like i do with some bones in summer and she wont eat it.
So we syick with the dry foods. at least she eats these... but only the most expensive brands though.... try giving her supermarket food and she turns her nose up at it and walks away haha... spoilt brat!!!

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie on Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:05 am

Boy, they sure can "play" us can't they? Mingo whined for a half hour cause she knew I did not finish a cup of Manderine oranges last night. I finally gave in, she just whined and stared at the cup. She know exactly where I left it and that there was some left.. Rolling Eyes
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:38 pm

yes mine does that haha. she goes to my daughters school bag each day to tell me the lunch box is still in it or she winges about a cereal bowl that the kids have left a tiny bit of cereal in. they know what they want they just wont eat what we want them too!!!

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie on Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:54 pm

Yup, Mingo also thinks every person who comes to the front door is there just to see her... She is not obnoxious about it but if someone does not greet her first she is very puzzled..
yes, i know, she SHOULD NOT BE THE FIRST TO BE GREETED.. but well, she's my sweet little baby and everyone loves her...too!

Cereal?? well, I now deprive myself of Captain Crunch, my favorite because i can't stand to see her beg on that.. Rolling Eyes
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:29 am

lol@ captain crunch??? what is that??? mine loves cornflakes or nutrigrain the best but will eat anything if she is aloud to lol

Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie on Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:47 am

It's kids cereal, but not nearly nutritious as the kinds you eat!!
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum