dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone got a good solution for ear infections???

4 posters

Go down

Anyone got a good solution for ear infections??? Empty Anyone got a good solution for ear infections???

Post by sharreem Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:56 am

Poor Angel the humid weather is here again so here comes the lovely bacteria that loves to live in her ears. Because labs ears are down not up they are suseptable to many ear infections. We clean them with all the correct products and use two different types of antibiotics to clear them up.
Any one got and home remedies or homapathic solutions for her ears for this summer???
would love to hear any new things to use to make her more comfortable when it gets hot. otherwise we are in for a head shaking summer again!
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Anyone got a good solution for ear infections??? Empty Re: Anyone got a good solution for ear infections???

Post by lorie Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:50 am

Shareem, Maybe you could prevent it BEFORE it happens this year.. there is a recipe for swimmers ear that is used for little kids.. just hydrogen peroxide and rubbing alcohol.. but it dries out the ear canal,,I'l find out the exact proportions... can't hurt. or maybe you do this already?
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Anyone got a good solution for ear infections??? Empty Re: Anyone got a good solution for ear infections???

Post by sharreem Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:07 pm

That would be fantastic lorie!
I went away last week and have come back and her ears are starting to get mucky. Dont know why????? she hasnt been swimming or doing anything unusual. Its been so humid though last week so i think it was the heat. Let me know... anything to dry them out!!!!
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:09 pm

prob sweat rash thats what it sounds like
all the sweat has caused pus
being such a tender part i would say if it gets too bad take her to the vet!!
the last thing you want is for her to go deaf Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:02 pm

got all the stuff the vet gave me last time... they said when I called them to use the same stuff.
I just want something that will dry them out without the fight I have with her to put the cleanser and antibiotic drops in
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:35 pm

oh fair enough then
Very Happy
hopefully you can figure it out so oth you and her feel more comfortable Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:57 pm

Ear infections are a pain in the ass good luck I ended up having my dogs ears cleaned by the vet all the way down the canal.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:44 am

yeah she did that last time. thats the only problem with labs their ears are shaped so differently to other breeds
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:16 am

What a pain in the bum...
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:58 am

i know its frustrating
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:19 am

oH, I forgot yesterday, Embarassed I made a note to myself to talk to the school nurse as soon as she gets here... It's the rubbingalcohol that dries it out ..I'll dind out exactly..
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:26 am

Thanks that will be great
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:12 am

Equil parts of rubbing alcohol and white vinager, The Nurse couldn't remember the recipe that i used years ago, I googled this one. Put in the ear with a cotton ball.. Is what i did with the children..white vinager kills the bacteria, alcohol dries it out..
Can't hurt to try, good luck!!
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:14 pm

Sounds good lorie!! Worth a try.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:20 am

what type of rubbing alcahol??? like icecole??
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:16 am

The kind you get at the drugstore... it just says "rubbing alcohol.."
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:48 pm

Never seen rubbing alcohol here Lorie but I will ask about it.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:49 am

Reading off the label... (I use it to clean my shears with)
"isopropyl alcohol"
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:12 pm

yep we got that thats what isocole is made of I think. I will have to look at the label but im pretty sure thats what it i.
many thanks Lorie I will try it
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:05 am

Very Happy
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:20 am

Shareem, wondering how solution worked?
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down