I had my dog sterilized today

Go down

I had my dog sterilized today

Post by bubblesbaby on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:27 am

Crying or Very sad I feel horrible,she came out looking so sorry for herself,now she is home,she looks so sad,like i lost her a chance at being a mum Twisted Evil ,i am keeping our pup away from her,so give her a chance to heal,he is missing her so much,i took him inside to see she was home,and he just wanted to play,and she just looked at him,with her sad face, Mad i hope she recovers quickly,so they can be as playful as ever,i never want to do that again. Sad i feel so mean,but had no choice,i saved her life from the pound,but on condition she was desexed. Evil or Very Mad hope she will be feeling better tomorrow. pale i feel a bit like 1 of the family has had an op.you get so attached to your pets hey?times like this you realise you love them. I love you Rolling Eyes
bubblesbaby

Number of posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Re: I had my dog sterilized today

Post by Admin on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:32 am

yes but its worth it in the end!
soon you wont even no she had the op! Smile
i remember when i got our old boy desexed the hole bucket on the head thing!
i just hate the flappy bit of skin they leave on males lol
anyways good luck you did the right thing just stick with it and watch her get back to her old self in no time Very Happy

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth<3 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:37 am

Hi there it really isnt that bad my girls i had 3 all done at once and they got over it with in 2 days running and playing.. carefull of stitches of course.
Dont feel bad feel proud you have saved her fron desease like mammery tumors ovarian tumers other sexual organ realated issues and the biggest unwanted pregnacies.
Good work on doing the right thing
Hope your baby feels better soon trust me they don't miss a thing.... Very Happy
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:24 am

Oh, Bubbles! Of coarse you did the right thing, baby her for a few days, that will make both of you feel better Smile

When i took Mingo oh, what a drama queen, and of coarse, I encouraged it my little girl, I picked her up to go potty (2 steps) picked her up ever so gently, hand fed her, what a princess!! After a while she would look at me sideways, like,
"Oh mom please pick my up and set me on the couch, I"ve been ill, and do bring me a snack and my blankie"

She actually got tired of it before i did! Caught her jumping on the couch 2 days later, little faker, big grin from her ,knew she'd been caught out..
She'll be good as new soon, you're not "mean" you did the right thing!! sunny
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby on Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:50 pm

Very Happy yes,thanx everyone,she is up and runing around this morning,she has even chewed her bandage of,not sure if thats to good,as was supposed to be on for three days,now the pups wingen for her,oh be glad wen all healed,dont want her poppen the stitches!
bubblesbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:00 pm

when i desexed our old rotti he didnt care and it got the point were we couldnt control it!
he didnt chew on the stiches or anything but just layed in water and being a total spaz lol

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:56 pm

i just rang the vet,they want to put her in the bucket,so she dont lick at her stitches,oh fun!!
bubblesbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:00 pm

she will be pumping into everything Razz

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:32 am

yes,i just put it on her,and shes gettin stuck under chairs,walls everywere,and looks sooo funny
bubblesbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:54 am

What you did was the responsible thing to do. She will back to normal. Good on you for doing this my hilary is not far behind her I can tell you mali is already desexed.

Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:35 am

yeah,do you think they are better dogs?
bubblesbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:20 pm

Yes I do actually they are less interested in wandering, smelling, just general behaviour. All that built up sexual tension is all gone. Mali is wonderful desexed and made him a much better dog. You will not regret it one bit.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:31 pm

oh great,I had a stray wander in yesterday,(what a cute dog,shitzu x cavaliar,i think) the owners address was on tag,and she said her dog always gets out she even had her sterililized and she still gets out,so hopen my one is like yours,cos before the op she was always trying to run of at the park,so fingers crossed.
bubblesbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:35 pm

with the right excersise and stimulation!!
they will get bored and if they do they either chew things or go wondering lol
trust me i no!
partner works so much zander is lucky to gett 1 walk a week now and its so hard for him he is bored but i play with him out the back yard!
he chases balls and brings them back so thats a good game we play and him and chloe play tugawar together
i just noticed them using my sons tshirt (out of the basket) pulling it around playing tagawar with it grrr

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:40 pm

yes,my two do that they have them dog ropes an they are so cute,one on each end pulling at it,i think its good for dogs to have anougher dog for company,maybe thats why that dog gets out so much,is lonely.
bubblesbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:16 pm

Your probably right in that respect bored out of their mind. Mine dont wander they dont get the chance however they would if they could I know they would. But not to matter as long as your dogs are safe that is all that really matters.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacket's Mum on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:03 am

Hello, Thankyou for being a responsible owner and having her desexed. She will recover quickly. I had our puppy desexed at 4 1/5 months and he had to wear a bucket on his head for a week cause he wouldn't leave the stitches alone but he coped quite well. I to hate the flap of skin left on the male dogs and was so pleased I could get Biscuit desexed when I did.
Yacket's Mum

Number of posts : 479

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:12 am

I had my male done at 14 months and his scrotum has completely disappeared after the time it does not stay there. It was the best thing I ever did with him.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi bubbles hows your little girl now?? Ive been away so just read your post. Hope shes all better now. Very Happy

Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:46 am

hey sharrem,missed you,was wondering were you went,yes,all good now thanks,she is healing well,not even using the special collar,and back to her usual full of energy self,theyre both driven me crazy! Rolling Eyes
bubblesbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:50 pm

Yep they bounce back from it very quickly.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:41 pm

Yup!!
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down