dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

has anyone got any ideas on how to get more members?

+4
bubblesbaby
Mali
lorie
Admin
8 posters

Go down

has anyone got any ideas on how to get more members? Empty has anyone got any ideas on how to get more members?

Post by Admin Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:42 am

ok this speed up then slow down but i was wondering if anyone has any great ideas on where or how to advisise to get more members??
imainly use gumtree atm!!

any ideas? Rolling Eyes
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

has anyone got any ideas on how to get more members? Empty Re: has anyone got any ideas on how to get more members?

Post by lorie Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:50 am

I just don't know people who would come online to talk about their dogs!! Except my grooming forum friends and they would take over with grooming stuff Rolling Eyes
I told my friend from Costa Rica, sent her the link from that actions button but I haven't heard from her and I'm wondering if she is mad at me because of a discussion we had about Barack Obama.... has anyone got any ideas on how to get more members? 74843
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

has anyone got any ideas on how to get more members? Empty Re: has anyone got any ideas on how to get more members?

Post by Admin Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:53 am

lol
i no plenty of forums have heaps of members

some people will visit every day or once a year etcwe have 80+ members but only like 20 or so have posted anything!!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:00 am

Forums take time to build up and grow and then they can just take off its word of mouth basically.

If your on other forums link your signature with the board its easy and quick to do.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:28 am

yer but most will yell at ya and say we do not allow any advisment of other forums blabla
i have forund 2 pet forums i think that allows me to do it
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblesbaby Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:32 am

lets all of us put a flyer up at our local petstock and petshop,feed shops etc,advertising our great pet site!! come on whos in? Basketball if we all do it,in different parts of the country an the world,mate we will get some buisness!!
bubblesbaby
bubblesbaby

Number of posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:40 am

lol great idea Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:21 pm

Thats a great idea actually or even place adds on gumtree, cracker, any free classifieds... that is the other thing to do.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboi Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:38 pm

Tell ppl they will get free COOKIES wen they visit the forum. lol!
Regards oldboi
oldboi
oldboi
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 773

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:49 pm

are you offering to bake them??oldboi??
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AMBs of Grath Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:30 pm

I will be looking forward to have some cookies. You just have to send them to Denmark cheers

Jeannette
AMBs of Grath
AMBs of Grath

Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:31 pm

hehe express post em Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharreem Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:36 pm

Yummm.....cookies.... hehe
my favourite is macadamia with white chocolate chips lol
sharreem
sharreem
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1215

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:40 pm

Getting new members is easy getting them to post is another.... thats the hard part. People join and then forget about forums. You have to be an old diehard to continue posting.
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorie Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:14 am

Or, bored at the day job... Very Happy
Actually, this is one of my faverites, everyone is friendly and nice to each other. I tend to move on when people start arguements..as on other forums..
lorie
lorie
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 1228

Back to top Go down

Post by dogsshouldbedogs Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:54 pm

Well... can I say the best way is; to make sure you are on the first page on Goggle!

To be honest I found it quite hard to find this great hidden secret lol. Purely because I couldn't find it on Goggle when I typed in dog forums.

Wouldn't have a clue how to go about it, but do know some people so will ask around. I think it only takes a couple of minutes.

But be warned... I am sure some of the now large nasty ones were once small and friendly. It only takes a small hand-full of bullies and the once nice place to chat becomes a place were peoples opinions are no longer welcomed!

But in saying that I LOVE peoples different opinions and in-put so more people the better but just nice ones. Laughing If we keep it that way then like minded people will only join. Lets face it no one wants to be put down for having an opinion!

dogsshouldbedogs

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:38 am

Your dead right I started a forum three years ago we have had in excess of 700 members and it's been a political nightmare within the admin and I have now laid a formal complaint with the board provider. I agree it needs to be on google, msn search and yahoo, dog pile, ask jeeves etc all free listings. The more the merrier. 
Mali
Mali
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down