dog forums 4 everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breeding- follow on from pomchimoodle topic

5 posters

Go down

Breeding- follow on from pomchimoodle topic Empty Breeding- follow on from pomchimoodle topic

Post by Al Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:13 am

I just thought I would start a new topic in general so that jimboloos topic isn't completely overtaken.

Phoenix, I don't think I was rude to jimboloo I was just adding my opinion about desexing but with best wishes to find good homes. I did not jump on her or accuse her of anything.

All my dogs are cross breeds. My personal opinion is that willy nilly breeding needs to be reduced across the board with all dogs not just cross breeds.

Admin, I am flabbergasted that you think every animal should be able to breed one litter. What about the rights of an animal not to be dumped at the pound and killed just because the parent animal supposedly had the right to have one litter.

This is an issue that can be out of sight out of mind and I am sorry if anyone thinks I am being rude by raising it because I do not intend to upset or offend anyone but this is a dog lovers forum and I care about dogs and do not like to see that so many are being killed because the humans need to satisfy themselves that every dog has a right to have a litter or simply because it is easy money.

Al

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Breeding- follow on from pomchimoodle topic Empty Re: Breeding- follow on from pomchimoodle topic

Post by Admin Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:19 am

yes everyone has a right to their own opionion and should be aloud to express it freely...
and i didnt mean it like every single dog should have a litter!!!
i meant if we wernt around(us humans) then they would breed anyways.
some people beleive it makes their dog a better one if they have 1 litter,thats some peoples thoughts
ut i totally dissagree with breeding for money,and continus breeding (both bybers and registered)
this is a very common topic so it will be interesting to hear everyones thoughts and opinions

plz remember not to let it get out of hand Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

Breeding- follow on from pomchimoodle topic Empty Re: Breeding- follow on from pomchimoodle topic

Post by Beth<3 Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:29 am

hi there i agree with Al i dont thing we sould be breeding anymore cross breeds or so called "desiger"dogs. I am looking at pounds and am appaulled at the amount of dogs that are homeless.
as i have said before we souldn't stop all breeding other wise we loose the breeds we have.
but the breeding of crossbreeds when there is so many out there i feel is selfish for the dog and the puppies.

sorry if i do offend anybody. but i love animals to much to watch so many become homless. Breeding- follow on from pomchimoodle topic 363516

If people do feel the need to let their dogs breed i think the least they could do is de-sex the puppies.. to stop more people breeding with the pups.
Beth<3
Beth<3
Chataholic
Chataholic

Number of posts : 886

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:36 am

I agree that if us humans wern't around they would breed anyway but they would fend for themselves, they would not be locked in cages waiting to be put down.

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:37 am

yes thats right!!!

thank you for saying that AI thats what i was getting at!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:50 am

The reason with have soooooooooo many animals end up in the pound is because we have soooooo many stupid human beings who are thoughtless, inconsiderate and down right disgusting -who don't care about the welfare of the animal - Purebred or Xbred.
I worked as a volunteer at the RSPCA many years ago and Tuesdays was the day the animals would be put down. Most of the time these animals were older, some already spayed & neutered, these were not little puppies. Little puppies sold quickly. These were dogs and cats that their stupid human so called owner didn't care about and let wonder, or become malnourished and mistreated.
All my life up till my last two dogs have been cross bred - there litters did not end up in the pound.It is the responsibilty of the person who gets the animal.
Maybe parents should think before buying a little cute puppy or kitten for a christmas present (that then becomes too hard to look after) by the new year.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:51 am

I agree, phoenix, but also beleive that there is a direct correlation between an oversupply of people breeding litters and our outrageous pound statistics. The RSPCA is pretty well advertised as far as rescuing from a shelter goes but council pounds are not and pups and adolescent dogs are regularly put to sleep.

Yeah, that gets my goat when people rehome or dump their dog when the cute factor runs out or the dog is being a naughty and boistrous because it is an adolescent that has had no training or boundries.

We wouldn't expect a human baby to learn and grow into a productive member of society if it was brought up with no disapline, boundaries or schooling and kept isolated from family with little interaction and stimulation yet some people seem to have this high expectation of dogs. The mind boggles.

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:57 am

That is so true about human babies.
Go figure!
Phoenix my cat came from our local pound because his owners went overseas and left him supposedly for 12months with the neighbour. 3 years later they still had not returned - so the neighbours were moving and they decided that after 3 years they didn't want him either??????????????
I have had him ever since - the best most loving and loyal cat ( he's sitting on my lap as I write this)
So I thank that idiot with all my heart - because of them I got a very special and dear friend for the past 16 years and hope still more to come!
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:06 am

He is a beatiful little puddin and it sounds like he landed on his feet finding his home with you. Smile

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:28 am

Thank you - you should put a pic up as your avatar of your pet.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:56 am

I've only got a film camera and am only just getting my head around this whole computer thing but will have a go at it at some stage.

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:24 am

Welcome to cyber world! Very Happy
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by target_love Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:37 pm

I must say I am disgusted with what Pheonix and the Admin had said about every living thing should have a litter or be bred.
Evil or Very Mad
Are you aware of how many cats and dogs get put down each year in Australia? If you already did then why say such a stupid comment?
600,000 Precious dogs and cats are put to sleep, because they have no homes to go to. Because people willy nilly breed backyard jobs. Isn't it disgusting? And you think that they should have all have a right to breed? I don't think so.
Because if all people thought like that, just imagine that number to 1,200,000!
And I don't think it is your place at all to carry on at breeders supposedly over breeding there bitches? In states you can only register 2 breeds a year from the same bitch, if they go over that they cannot register them. I think your 'breeders' sound like ones that are not REGISTERED as a dog breeder, and yes are purposely breeding for money, but then your cross-bred backyard jobs do the same thing?
If you are not a breeder than I wouldn't put your say in what they do. I've been around them and they never over breed there bitches, ever! They retire them at 4 years, and they go to good forever homes desexed. They are Health Tested with $100s of dollars going into each pup wealthfare! Not just 'vet checked'.
Maybe out of 100 registered breeders, you may find a 'dogdy one' who lost the love of what they were doing, breeding there favourite breed to a perfect standard.
Yes cross-breds can be fantastic dogs, but the fact they are bred purposely for money, in someones derelic backyard, disgusts me to the core.
BUY A DOG FROM A POUND OR RESCUE save a life, or buy it from a registered BREEDER.
target_love
target_love

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:21 am

i would just like to add
i have seen hundreds of ads from registered breeder selling "unpapered puppies"
do you think these are the ones that over breed?
do you think they are in it for the cash??
it is common for registers to sell unpapered papers but i am wondering why they do it???when breeders are meant to be against all that??
this isnt an attack on breeders at all but just questions!! Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:30 am

also just wondering to become a registered breeder is it hard enough so not everyone can just become a registered breeder?
i mean yes there are byb'ers out there etc but is becomeing a registered breeder hard??
last thing we want is for just anybody to become a registered breeder

i hope you understand what i am trying to say!!!
somethimes i try and say something and it turns out totally wrong and i get yelled at Rolling Eyes if ya dont get me just let me no i will try and work out how to put it correctly lol
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by target_love Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:01 am

Sorry I seemed a little harsh, but I just hate it how people think they should breed there 'common dog' they have with other dog, and try and sell them for $400+ I have even seen unregistered breeder in WA selling Chihuahuas (unregistered obivously) for $2500!!!!! Its just disgusting. But to answer your questions.
Yes some people CLAIM to be registered, when actually they are not, they make a 'Kennel' name (that isn't a proper Prefix), and they call themselves registered because there dog is registered? So that is some ways that so called 'breeders' get you at.
But if a Proper Registered breeder is selling them unpapered, goodness knows why, because you can sell them with limited papers (I think Papers cost $30-60 per pup) which of course you cannot breed from or show. But if they are, it is because it was not a True Pedigree Mating, or they have gone over there limit with a bitch. But I do believe it is fake breeders, so not actually registered properly, who are selling them.

And as for getting your own prefix (becoming a breeding kennel), it will cost several hundred dollars to join with the States Canine Council, and have to complete a test to know that you are knowledgable enough to 'breed', yes you can research it up etc. but it is a lengthy test, and kinda hard questions to answer, also I'm sure you have to have a proper Main Registered dog to get a prefix (that I'm not 100% sure)
To add also, this is what happens in WA, not sure on eastern states.
target_love
target_love

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:05 am

thanks for that!!!
but i guess if people really wanted to class them selves as registered breeders they would sit the test!
and also i aggree that some prices for puppies these days are just stupid!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by target_love Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:22 am

Yeah, but you do have to blame the people that go and buy a pup from a fake breeder, as you can tell they haven't done there research or they would know that they were not a proper registered breeder, but unfortunetly ignorance is around when it comes to animals, and its unfortunate we can not educate everyone, but if just one person reads this and changes there mind on breeding etc. Its something.
target_love
target_love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down