my 11weeks old staffy puppy

Go down

my 11weeks old staffy puppy

Post by i_love_s on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:18 pm

i was just wanting a little info on the best way or bringing up my little puppy around my 1yr old daughter.... she is a little bit fullon for her at the moment, is there anything i can do to help them become the best of firends? ALSO EXCELLENT FORUM A++++++ Smile

i_love_s

Back to top Go down

Re: my 11weeks old staffy puppy

Post by Admin on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:23 pm

with such a young pup and a young baby it is important to make sure none of them get hert!
if your daughter is herting the puppy try and teach her not to!
because you dont want the pup snapping at your daughter,
never leave them alone together!allways supervise their play time ....
both of them need to learn certain things so they can be SAFE friends,
i think with time and help they should be ok

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1292

Back to top Go down

my little puppy

Post by i_love_staffys on Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:04 pm

thankyou for that, no i dnt leave them alone together just incase... thankyou for that and hope i can get a bit more help along the way Smile

i_love_staffys

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mali on Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:38 pm

Excellent post I would agree you need to teach the child manners and the dog. My motto is if you cant watch them for even ten seconds then lock the dogs away from the kids and the kids away from the dogs that way there can be no mistakes. Especially for the dog.

Admin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Works both ways

Post by jaz_i on Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:14 pm

Hi,

A lot of people are very quick to blame the dog in these situations!

But it is very important that both the dog and child are taught manners!

Before letting your new dog play with your baby, give him/her a run outside with some toys so he/she is calm around the baby.

Just let him/her sit down and let your baby come up and gentley pat the dog UNDER THE CHIN.

It is very important not to let children pat dogs on the head, because it often scares them and thats when they will bite!

Good luck

jaz_i

Back to top Go down

Post by LeasyPetGroomer on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:39 pm

Hello, first of all, I love my staffys Very Happy I have never had a problem with their temperment in relation to my kids. Because our puppy is around the older staffy she tends to copy her behaviour which has made it very easy to teach her right from wrong. But when our puppy was going threw the true puppy stage of nipping with those sharp puppy teeth and playing like she would with her brothers and sisters, I didnt have the kids around them much for play time, instead we took them for walks together, eventually she got past that stage and they all play together happily. Personally I just found it easier to wait untill the puppy was a little older, worked well for me not to say it would suit everyone.
Goodluck with it, Im sure it will all work out I love you
LeasyPetGroomer

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down